Csuton seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
considering a $400 expenditure (or more) for something this old codger originally considered non-essential is not something that makes me comfortable.
Just remember, more power or a better suspension or other mechanical improvements to the bike can only be enjoyed if you can spend the time on the seat. After wasting money pinching pennies (Airhawk, gel pad, different brand seat, etc.) I realized I'd spent more than the cost of a Russell and still wasn't comfortable (for the miles I was doing). In the end (heh) it's a much better investment than aftermarket cans, at least as good as a top shelf suspension upgrade, and better than an ECU remap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember, more power or a better suspension or other mechanical improvements to the bike can only be enjoyed if you can spend the time on the seat. After wasting money pinching pennies (Airhawk, gel pad, different brand seat, etc.) I realized I'd spent more than the cost of a Russell and still wasn't comfortable (for the miles I was doing). In the end (heh) it's a much better investment than aftermarket cans, at least as good as a top shelf suspension upgrade, and better than an ECU remap.
The wail of LD Riders down the ages
biggrin.png

This is a well-trodden path, but for lower daily mileages all kinds of options can work.

By the way ... the AirHawk and Sheepskin in my garage are very useful for the bleachers at the High School !

^^^^^^ My kids are already out of college, so the only reason I'd be at a high school game is trolling for girlfriends.

Yeah, one of the unmarried MOMS. Jeez oh pete, what a bunch of perverts around here.

Since Fred is a cheap frugal Yankee, he wants to spend his money one time and get good results. He already knows the pain of trying to go cheaper and getting substandard results. We have seen it on this forum, we have seen it on other forums. With seats, like lots of things on motorcycles, you can spend a lot of money trying to save money. Spend it up front, get what you want. Done.

Fred is also...brutally honest. He will not recommend something that he does not personally know to be the best. He "knows" that the Russell Day Long is the best.

I am sure that Fred, like most of us likes his little sarcastic comments, the "fux paws" was a very cool touch I thought. I could not resist a shot at the "Csuton Seats" myself. And it was Friday!!! This just happened to be the first and easiest target on a Friday.

I will add in here that when my FJR is parked I LOVE the way my Laam Custom (Csuton?) Seat looks. Folks who know nothing about bikes comment on my seat. While that may not make any difference to your butt at the end of a 1000 mile day, it makes a difference to my ego every time it happens. I ride the bike almost every day but I have only done one 1000 mile day.

My BarcaLounger statement wasn't intended at any one product or person. But what I'm referring to is , I would want the engineering in something I'm going to attach to my prized possession to compliment not only my derrière , but the style and look of the bike. Yes, I do look at my bike a lot when I'm not riding. Which I don't get to do nearly as much as some of y'all. And a lot of other people see my bike also. To me, the true mark of good engineering is to do both, be functional as well as compliment the product your attaching it to. That is all.

My BarcaLounger statement wasn't intended at any one product or person. But what I'm referring to is , I would want the engineering in something I'm going to attach to my prized possession to compliment not only my derrière , but the style and look of the bike. Yes, I do look at my bike a lot when I'm not riding. Which I don't get to do nearly as much as some of y'all. And a lot of other people see my bike also. To me, the true mark of good engineering is to do both, be functional as well as compliment the product your attaching it to. That is all.
Well it's a porky bike so even the Russell looks decent :D

Seriously though ... If folk want "attractive", those "Top Sellerie" seats sold on eBay by a French company look awesome.

Well it's a porky bike so even the Russell looks decent
biggrin.png

Seriously though ... If folk want "attractive", those "Top Sellerie" seats sold on eBay by a French company look awesome.
Seriously? You actually think the Top Sellerie looks good? I could not disagree more!
rolleyes.gif

Actually, I agree with you and G Squared although doing so makes me feel really dumb...

The Top Sellerie that Pop and I use as a spare saddle:

58K on the stock seat alternating w/wo a bead rider. Have done 1100 in a day. Waaahhh!!!! With the money I saved not buying a RDL, I bought a top-shelf bottle of single malt, a visit to the champagne room, a box of .44mag ammo, four tanks of gas and a night at Motel 6, and used it all up on the same trip. Follow your heart, not your ass.

58K on the stock seat alternating w/wo a bead rider. Have done 1100 in a day. Waaahhh!!!! With the money I saved not buying a RDL, I bought a top-shelf bottle of single malt, a visit to the champagne room, a box of .44mag ammo, four tanks of gas and a night at Motel 6, and used it all up on the same trip. Follow your heart, not your ass.
So you have a custom seat!

Yamaha clearly designed the seat for someone, I guess we found him. The rest of us will indulge our asses in something more suitable for us, but thanks :D