Current top of the line Auxiliary light set up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same as the ADV Monster module, two in for the source 12V (polarity must be maintained) and two out for the lights.

Out is being controlled by the dimmer module and also is polarity sensitive (do no reverse or your LEDs will be unhappy).

ADV wants more $$$ for the headlight triggered version. Email for the standard version, it should be cheaper.

Here is my led's in action thanks for the answers to my many questions on the dimmer. These are some bright ass lights. :rolleyes:
CIMG1414.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the Posi-tap connected to the yellow high beam wire. :rolleyes: Bear with me and my photo bucket skills :blink:

CIMG1415.jpg

Here is my led's in action thanks for the answers to my many questions on the dimmer. These are some bright ass lights. :rolleyes:
Did you get Burnspots lights that he referenced? I'm looking for some good "see me" lights for the left turners at intersections. These look like they would fit the bill on a budget.

Well, after a little crash I had at the end of the Bonzai rally, I can attest to how tough the Clearwater lights are. The bike took enough of a front end impact to completely fold one of the forks, snap one of the mirror mounts that the Krista's were mounted to clean off, and the lights are still good to go. I had to send them back to Clearwater to have some of the wiring re-done, but at least one set of them will be on the next FJR I buy.

I would really like to set up a set of Solteks in the Spot configuration, a set of the Clearwater Krista's for the flood light pattern they offer, and then a set of the ADV Monster lights on the forks. Not sure how I would make all of that work, but it would be what i think would be the ideal.

Well, after a little crash I had at the end of the Bonzai rally, I can attest to how tough the Clearwater lights are. The bike took enough of a front end impact to completely fold one of the forks, snap one of the mirror mounts that the Krista's were mounted to clean off, and the lights are still good to go. I had to send them back to Clearwater to have some of the wiring re-done, but at least one set of them will be on the next FJR I buy.

I would really like to set up a set of Solteks in the Spot configuration, a set of the Clearwater Krista's for the flood light pattern they offer, and then a set of the ADV Monster lights on the forks. Not sure how I would make all of that work, but it would be what i think would be the ideal.
Damn Trigger, that's two FJRs you killed in what 3 years? Anyway, sounds like you came out ok, glad to hear that. I guess that's one way to keep upgrading to the latest model :rolleyes:

I've been using these lights ($65.75 apiece) since early in the year and have really enjoyed them. 3 LED's per unit, super bright, and weather tested, repeatedly. I'm very pleased with them and their low price although the bracket is somewhat fiddly...just use Loctite when final adjustments are made. They do an excellent job of providing conspicuity while also doing a good job of throwing additional light to the front and sides. I use them as fender lights, but they could easily serve as aux lights mounted higher...or they also have a bigger brother available.

IMG_1229-e1304098832558.jpg
Just an active usage update.

It looks as though the unit I have mounted on my left fork burned out while on my way to work yesterday...all 3 LEDs non functional. I'm not sure if there's something internal that could go, but I inspected all my wiring and connections last night and could find no problems. The one mounted on the right fork seems fine (both units are wired together just before my fuse block). Going to pull it this weekend and confirm. It gave me nearly 1.5 years of service.

I've been using these lights ($65.75 apiece) since early in the year and have really enjoyed them. 3 LED's per unit, super bright, and weather tested, repeatedly. I'm very pleased with them and their low price although the bracket is somewhat fiddly...just use Loctite when final adjustments are made. They do an excellent job of providing conspicuity while also doing a good job of throwing additional light to the front and sides. I use them as fender lights, but they could easily serve as aux lights mounted higher...or they also have a bigger brother available.

IMG_1229-e1304098832558.jpg
Just an active usage update.

It looks as though the unit I have mounted on my left fork burned out while on my way to work yesterday...all 3 LEDs non functional. I'm not sure if there's something internal that could go, but I inspected all my wiring and connections last night and could find no problems. The one mounted on the right fork seems fine (both units are wired together just before my fuse block). Going to pull it this weekend and confirm. It gave me nearly 1.5 years of service.
Keep us updated. I'm starting my search for running/deer lights and was looking at these.