Custom Ear Plugs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edwin L Bean

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last Saturday either I dropped or someone took my ipod shuffle and custom ear plugs out of my tank bag :angry: . I've been looking for the people who originally did my ear pieces but can't seem to find them on the net. I'm hoping they have my molds and can just make up some new ones.

I'm pretty sure the name of the company was NowHearThis out of Florida?? but still can't bring them up on google or yahoo.

Anyone have a direct line to them?

Thanks!!

Hi all,Last Saturday either I dropped or someone took my ipod shuffle and custom ear plugs out of my tank bag :angry: . I've been looking for the people who originally did my ear pieces but can't seem to find them on the net. I'm hoping they have my molds and can just make up some new ones.

I'm pretty sure the name of the company was NowHearThis out of Florida?? but still can't bring them up on google or yahoo.

Anyone have a direct line to them?

Thanks!!

Try www.plugup.com

Dan

Funny, I had th molds done a few weeks ago at a local sportsman's show. He called today and I ordered a set of speaker/plugs from the guy. Same type as above it seems. He tells me the earplugs with speakers reduce ambient noise by 22 decibels. I'm looking forward to trying them.

www.earplugco.com
I was visiting a TSRA meeting and met a guy from dB SPECIALTIES.He offered some different levels of hearing/mp3 speaker type molded ear plugs.I am interested but was throwing it out for some comments on these types.About 200$ depending on audio quality(s)

I realize this is a local fit up,well almost but was looking for someone that uses and pluses and delta's of them,I use a full face SCORPION 1000.

I have a set of Big Ear customs with built in speakers. They are about $300 a set. I use them through the Starcom1. I had to turn the volumes way down on the Starcom to less than half the amplification range with my Garmin set at 50% volume. Mine advertised 30 db noise reduction, and after using them while running the chanisaw, I think it is in that neighborhood, I had my iPod set at 13 on the volume and it was just right, I could hear full clarity.

I have a scorpion helmet they work fine. I did have to get the starcom adapter so I could use the mic feature to talk with the wife while under way. I did clean remove some of the foam in the ear hole only to make sure I had enough room and no pressure points.

I've heard good things about these, but no experience myself. Go to your local audiologist and get them to make the molds. Our local audiology place makes the molds and sells these earphones as well. They are $300 for the molds and phones.

https://www.livewiresforyou.com/index.php

Smoke

Last edited by a moderator:
it's cheap to order some silicone putty online and use your own earphone plugs...just checked on ebay and found blue stuff... 2.5oz for 22 bucks with this amount I can make probably 3-4 molds incl. a test run mix 1:1 and let it harden in 3-6 min.

Alfredo

I finally quit procrastinating and ordered these:

racing.jpg

I had an impression made at the Minneapolis Motorcycle Show. That was Feb. 13th. (Where's the photo Scooby?)

Each day I act like Ralphie checking the mail for his Little Orphan Annie secret decoder ring (Be sure to drink your Ovaltine).

Maybe today will be the big day! I'll be wearing those new "racing monitors" at work all day tomorrow!

(I wonder if anyone will ask me to take my helmet off)

https://www.earinc.com/p2-specialty-racing.php

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said, mine were custom fitted at the Sportsman's show and cost $230 shipped from California. Earplugs without speakers were $50 at the show, but I didn't get them. Dozens of color combinations. Hope they work -- supposedly a 30 day no-hassle refund/replacement/adjustment.