Custom paint color choices

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which color do you like for my '04?

• Rat Rod Flat Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tunnel Ram Gray

• Pro Street Red

• Total voters
Red is very cool and a great second choice, but I couldn't help going with the flat black. The best low maintenance color available and looks cool at the same time. I am surprised that all of you that are so adverse to washing your bike wouldn't jump all over having a finish like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least my valves aren't bent.

I can fix my valves....

But you'll always..............nevermind. :devil:

I vote for red, but in THIS particular shade:

86417_ferrari_logo.jpg

Gonna have to go with Flat Black. A stealth FJR sounds pretty cool.

Red just means you're having your mid-life crisis.

be different.
Be a Trailblazer. :clapping:
The red votes are overwhelming the others. Very good points and a very cool color. And visually conspicuous, at least in the daytime.

flat black. The best low maintenance color ...
Flat Black. A stealth FJR sounds pretty cool.
Originally flat black was my choice, for these reasons. But, I'll have to go with the voice of the people:

2649324770103318019S600x600Q85.jpg

RED it is. I painted this a few years back and was very pleased with how it turned out.

Red just means you're having your mid-life crisis.
I AM having a mid-life crisis, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Pictures expected after completion.
Definitely. I'm not starting 'til it gets cold and wet (the weather).

I'm not starting 'til it gets cold and wet (the weather).
I'm no painter....no experience other than painting my own house and that's entirely different than painting vehicles....but isn't painting in cold, damp conditions a "Bad Thing"?

=== Not in a heated garage.......... :blink:

and it smells good too.................

B

I'm no painter....no experience other than painting my own house and that's entirely different than painting vehicles....but isn't painting in cold, damp conditions a "Bad Thing"?
I want to maximize the season's riding time. I'll wait for a warm-ish day or heat up the garage.

This is how I'd like to do mine some day....but it's still basically new...
2006-Yamaha-YZF-R1-50thd-small.jpg
The bike looks good. When even the red seems a little loud (for me), the yellow would be totally over the top.

That red will look pretty sweet!

I've always thought that if I were to have my '04 painted, I'd go with that Atomic Orange Metallic that GM is putting on Corvettes. Me likey.

Hell - since you admit you're having your mid-life crisis, which is when most guys buy a Corvette, why not go with a Corvette color: Crystal Red Metallic?

I've been wondering when the Rogdeb bike would show up here. Although, I've always wanted to see one in British Racing Green.