Custom paint color choices

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which color do you like for my '04?

• Rat Rod Flat Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tunnel Ram Gray

• Pro Street Red

• Total voters
That red will look pretty sweet!
I've always thought that if I were to have my '04 painted, I'd go with that Atomic Orange Metallic that GM is putting on Corvettes. Me likey.
Sunuvabeotch if I might not just agree with you.....

atomic-orange-z06.jpg

red red red red red red red red... Wow you guys....

No one likes blue? (And no I don't mean the navy or teal colors offered stock)

side.jpg

LEO White.
2247302-plus1.gif
Can't be bad having that look in traffic. I'm planning to do it in fire engine trim with red reflective tape, just to give it a personal touch, in the theme of the engines from my original department. I'll probably add a small tribute to fallen co-worker Kirk Schafer (#159) on the tank emblems.

App6.jpg

LEO White.
2247302-plus1.gif
Can't be bad having that look in traffic. I'm planning to do it in fire engine trim with red reflective tape, just to give it a personal touch, in the theme of the engines from my original department. I'll probably add a small tribute to fallen co-worker Kirk Schafer (#159) on the tank emblems.

App6.jpg
I like that idea. Put on a white helmet as well with the shield of the fire department on each side.

Rat Rod Black is what you want. Yep. Black it is. Red sux. You don't want red. Red'll slow down your bike. Red draws the coppers. No red for you. Nope nope nope.

LEO White.
2247302-plus1.gif

App6.jpg
Sounds like that will be cooler than shit!! Many pics please, when you get it done!! :fans:

Though I voted for red, as it is the only real color (black and gray are absences of color), I would say you have limited your choices too far.

Fly yellow would be my #1 choice. A'la Vandy

av-13462.jpg

:yahoo:

Update:

I've decided on these two colors:

Rat Rod Flat Black

000029376.jpg

Pro Street Red

p32658.jpg

In this configuration:

2576579900103318019S600x600Q85.jpg

Bad editing job, but you get the idea.

Nice. Did you consider the black stripe to be half as thick? In my minds eye, that would look pretty nice as well.
Like this? Hmmm....

2075263330103318019S600x600Q85.jpg

What would it look like reversed? Flat black with a nice red racing stripe?

Or with the stripe a little lower, so the whole tail section plastic is the stripe color, and then across the lower fairing? Maybe another stripe up high?

Man I wish this computer had something better than Paint...

You also need some RED on the bags. Just to black or red bags with black stripe. JMO

EDIT: I also prefer the wider stripe too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input everyone! I am still going for this:

2576579900103318019S600x600Q85.jpg

Still open to ideas, but it looks like the bike will be red with a wide black stripe (and thick). The bags will be black with a red accent in place of the rub strip.

I want to be able to touch up the bags easily if occasion should require. I don't want to get too complex with the taping and painting. All of the parts that are currently black abs plastic will not get painted, including the panel below the tank.

I know it's a little early, but I'm obsessing about it. I'm going to paint the bike over the winter, and I've found these Urethane paints at Eastwood. I'm going to do it all myself (I've painted a few cars with decent results). Which color do you like?
Rat Rod Flat Black

000029376.jpg

Tunnel Ram Gray

p32664.jpg

Pro Street Red

p32658.jpg

What happened to "None of the above"? I always like that answer... :rolleyes: