custom paint jobs on FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsLilly

Reaction score
I dropped my '06 and decided to repaint instead of "replace". I have some ideas and a creative, talented painter...but would love to see what others have done. So, if you have customized your bike, now is a great time to show it off!

Does anyone know of a graphics company who makes a kit to put the silver stripes on a blue FJR so it looks like the European model?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know of a graphics company who makes a kit to put the silver stripes on a blue FJR so it looks like the European model?
Egads! Why? Those stripes look like ass.

Egads! Why? Those stripes look like ass.
Watch it now... I put my own stripes on.

But mine are REFLECTIVE :D

Pic0008.jpg

sidetailbag.jpg

I think zzkennoman had a link to custom FJRs

Ms.Lilly: you want graphics? May I suggest Mrs. Crabtrees first grade art claass now they have graphics for you and all original.

Or paint it like a Harley you know kinda like ????????????????????

When you are done lets have a look see and see the beauty of creativity

waiting and waiting and waiting weekend rider :D

Out of all the FJR's I have seen at WFO's and in group get togethers, I have not seen one true custom, only a few repaints of different color than oem. The one I remember was an 03 painted like a bumble bee back for a I believe a Butt-Lite event.

Ms.Lilly: you want graphics? May I suggest Mrs. Crabtrees first grade art claass now they have graphics for you and all original.
Or paint it like a Harley you know kinda like ????????????????????

When you are done lets have a look see and see the beauty of creativity

waiting and waiting and waiting weekend rider :D

There's a whole thought or complete sentence in there. I just know it.

The only other FJR I've seen here in Manhattan, KS is an 03 w/a custom Harly-like paint job on the tank. I came out of the V.F.W. after a fine steak & it was the night the V.F.W. Bike club was meeting (I'm not a member) & there it was. I don't know who's bike it was, & when I got back w/a camera it was gone. But it looked like he had done his best to turn it into a Harly, w/all the "normal" Harly stuff- a flag, tassels on the bars, ect. Never seen it again, never seen an FJR just out riding anywhere near here. Everyone seems to "know" me as I ride every day unless there's ice on the streets, & I often get asked about the bike, but no one else has seen one around here. I know the local dealer has sold several, I just don't know to who :) .

James

The eleventh picture down is my FAVORITE!
I don't see a bike in that picture :rolleyes:

The only other FJR I've seen here in Manhattan, KS is an 03 w/a custom Harly-like paint job on the tank. I came out of the V.F.W. after a fine steak & it was the night the V.F.W. Bike club was meeting (I'm not a member) & there it was. I don't know who's bike it was, & when I got back w/a camera it was gone. But it looked like he had done his best to turn it into a Harly, w/all the "normal" Harly stuff- a flag, tassels on the bars, ect. Never seen it again, never seen an FJR just out riding anywhere near here. Everyone seems to "know" me as I ride every day unless there's ice on the streets, & I often get asked about the bike, but no one else has seen one around here. I know the local dealer has sold several, I just don't know to who :) .James
Hopefully the FJR police came and took it away from him... :dribble:

I'm sure Ms Crabtree's class could do a wonderful job. But, I've already got someone who does great work. He painted our Busa and it turned out fantastic. I am not looking for wild and crazy. Just something a little different. I figured if I'm going to repaint I might as well do something different...maybe just a change in color...maybe more. I checked out the link, thank you very much. I understand why you liked #11 but I found #12 even more interesting! I won't start the project until after the first of the year since we have to take the bike completely apart. I still have a few more rides to get in before the weather goes south! AND, I will post a picture when we've completed the project. As for trying to make my bike look like a Harley, if I wanted one of those bikes I would have bought one! I rode one once because my friend insisted I ride his bike...I think he really just wanted to ride mine!!! I had to beg him to give me the FJR back!!

Watch it now... I put my own stripes on.
But mine are REFLECTIVE :D
Nah, the wide stripes on the European ones (I guess...?) look like childish crap. I think they really take away from the looks.

Like these...

2007_FJR1300AS_Photo_08_prv_tcm26-142363.jpg

Yep... blech!

Todd Witte's '03 bumble bee:

SP-0360.jpg

MVC_421X.sized.jpg

Pixs by DougC IBR 2003 and from HMarc/Micapeak

Wow! That is a great paint job! Love it. A little too much for me but I like it! I've really been thinking yellow but who knows what I'll end up with! Anyway, thanks everyone for the pics and links

Wow! That is a great paint job! Love it. A little too much for me but I like it! I've really been thinking yellow but who knows what I'll end up with! Anyway, thanks everyone for the pics and links
I really like the Honda yellow that was on my '05 Magna ( https://chornbe.com/motorcycles/magna/saddlebags/finished.jpg ). Might be a bit much for something like the Feej with all that surface area to cover. They used it (or something similar) on the GL1800s and I think it was a bit much. But I like that 'Bee with all the black and yellow used together (except the bags design). Maybe something like that would work out pretty well.

Concept05.jpg

Going to the painter's today at lunch to look at a test plate he's painted...