Custom Seat (Russell)-Leather vs. vinyl??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have the velour and love it, very comfortable, yes you will need the cover for rain or overnightmildue, but it works great, perfectly dry everytime!

Ray

I had Vinyl on my last bike and I had to get one of those taxi-cab beeded seats to get some freakin' air. Now I have the leather inserts on the Russel...now have the Velour on order as I said earlier. Sure its not the prettiest seat...but from the pics I have seen with Black Velour it didnt look to bad at all...this on top of breathability, passenger slippage, and rider slippage...im looking forward to it.

here ya go
seat.jpg

That is what my seats will look like next year.

I decided I will send my seats in this winter.

If you ask most any of the saddle makers which they prefer, they'll most likely say, leather. As far as upkeep, 60 seconds of hand rubbed Lexol once a month is all it takes. If the seat gets wet, no worries, just dry it off when you're done riding or when the rain stops. How do you think cowboys got by all those years on the range without vinyl? As far as velour, now dat be pimpin', yo. Be diggin' on dat wif mah landau de Ville. Word up.
pimp.gif
:lol: Didn't Rock Hudson have a velour saddle in that John Wayne movie he was in?

I have a russel I bought from another member It is vinyl and is a great seat compared to the stock,sargent and a mayer that I tried. If I were to order and have one made I would do the leather.

IMGP0133.jpg

Here is the new Velour Seat I just got back from Russell. Yea sure velour may not be the sweetest looking seat...but then again the Russell itself isnt the sweetest looking seat... BUT it is sooooo comfy I can hardly believe it...feels like sitting on a nice comfy couch! Being 28 with a fassst bike...well it may not go perfect with velour...but i dig it!! Also the rain cover they make has elastic sides and fits the seat perfectly so not a big deal when/if it rains.

IMG_2363.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG