Custom Stainless Steel Fork Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrshanta

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I wanted to share with you my front fork stand. I had recently been looking for a quality fork stand specifically for the FJR and didn't find what I wanted so, I made one. I hope you find it useful. :rolleyes:

The structure is made of 1" x 2" rectangle 304 Stainless Steel (TIG welded together). The tube is .090 wall 304 SST also. The fork interface nubs I turned from a solid piece of 304 Stainless Steel and matched the taper and depth of the bottom of the fork bore. The wheels are"Razor" scooter wheels I bought from "Big 5 sporting goods" that came with bearings for $9.99.

ForkStand-1.jpg

ForkStand-2.jpg

ForkStand-3.jpg

ForkStand-4.jpg

ForkStand-5.jpg

ForkStand.jpg

Nice work!

At the risk of asking a stupid question, why did you build it?

changing the front tire would be my first assumption.

Pretty neat. I like using a front jack but if nothing else, it's a great alternative to two jackstands when keeping the bike up overnight or longer. But if it were to be used as the only means of lifting the front for wheel removal, the handle looks like it would block the wheel from being rolled out of the bike. I think you need to make it longer so you have room to roll the wheel forward.

Excellent engineering and TIG welding!!!! AAAA++++

Now the $64K question, would you make these for forum members and if so, how much?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent engineering and TIG welding!!!! AAAA++++
Now the $64K question, would you make these for forum members and if so, how much?
Wow! Thanks for all the niceties!! When I was looking to buy one myself, the best quality stands I could find were going for between $140 and $160.

I hadn't thought of making any more than one but, I can certainly put together a cost for Forum members and repost back here this week. :)

That looks very nice. I have a similar rear stand, and one little design feature that you may be able to incorporate is if you raise the wheel mounting point, the bottom bar will bear the complete weight of the bike when lifted. The wheels on mine only touch during loading and unloading, they don't bear weight once the stand goes "over center" and lifts the bike.

That looks very nice. I have a similar rear stand, and one little design feature that you may be able to incorporate is if you raise the wheel mounting point, the bottom bar will bear the complete weight of the bike when lifted. The wheels on mine only touch during loading and unloading, they don't bear weight once the stand goes "over center" and lifts the bike.
That sounds like a GREAT idea. That would guarantee the integrity of the wheel assembly when loaded. :hyper:

That sounds like a GREAT idea. That would guarantee the integrity of the wheel assembly when loaded. :hyper:
one thing not to overlook when doing this.

Extend the posts higher to compensate for lowering the frame due to mounting the wheels higher, or you may not be able to get the wheel to clear the fender/floor.