Custom Stainless Steel Fork Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To All,

Please hold off sending any payment right now. I completed the first stand and am having some delay in getting materials. I don't want you to have to pay me now and wait unnecessarily to get the stand.

I will let you know later as soon as I have this problem resolved.

Thank you so much for your understanding!! :)

Shawn

Style #1

Thanks, did not know that they fit the FJR.

Will go with this solution, much cheaper and I will have both.

Probably what FJRshanta propose is more solid, but I will used them only once in a while.
I am assuming they fit the FJR, based on the fact that a similar one I had for the SV650 did. I will be ordering a set for my other new (old) bike a Honda SuperHawk, so will be able to try them to see if they also work on the FJR. I'll post the result.

Ok I will wait to see, cause transport to Montreal is $ 60.00.

Thanks

fjrshanta those tig welds are beautiful. its nice to see someone who doesn't feel the need to weld everything at 90 amps. thats the object of tig keep the heat as low as possible to achieve required penetration. again very nice work. your either a confidant, competent fabricator or a novice. i'm in between, i would have made the first one out of mild steel then after the bugs were worked out i would have made the finished version.

custom costs more. if you want fits all generic thats cool, but some people are willing to pay more to have what they feel is better. this isn't meant as a negative or to slam. everyone has diferent things that float their boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
fjrshanta those tig welds are beautiful. its nice to see someone who doesn't feel the need to weld everything at 90 amps. thats the object of tig keep the heat as low as possible to achieve required penetration. again very nice work. your either a confidant, competent fabricator or a novice. i'm in between, i would have made the first one out of mild steel then after the bugs were worked out i would have made the finished version.
custom costs more. if you want fits all generic thats cool, but some people are willing to pay more to have what they feel is better. this isn't meant as a negative or to slam. everyone has diferent things that float their boat.
Thank you Sir!

This was done at my workplace. Everything we weld is for vacuum purposes so heat concentration is paramount. Any weld with too much heat and excessive puddling can cause unseen heat cracks or fatigue in the material that will go unseen until the welded material is structurally stressed. Therefore, the weld may pass a helium leak test and then fail during assembly and use. :rolleyes:

Ok I will wait to see, cause transport to Montreal is $ 60.00.Thanks
I received the T-Rex stands, below are some pictures. The build quality is good, and the stands are very versatile, but the front stand while able to lift the FJR front end is not optimal for long-term use, if your FJR is equipped with ABS. As you can see from the photo the mounting mechanism interferes with the front ABS sensor. The stand still works fine to lift the front of the bike...

Left side

Right side

In conclusion the T-Rex stands are good for the money, and useful and functional for other bikes (like the SuperHawk I primarily bought them for) but not optimal for the FJR.

fjrshanta's stand, the Lee B. stand or the Handy Industries stand is certainly the way to go for long-term front-end lifting needs.

Here's a view of this unit in case you cant view it..

front-motorcycle-stand-4.jpg

Looks like a good design.
Anyone ever try these on a Gen II?

Handy Industries
Just a flyby here. To me here, the little axles on the handy look a little light duty, especially for the fjr. Twice that much can get you twice that much. By the way, nice work on the stand...just a little high for my pocket book...no offence meant. Carry on.....