Cycle World Bike Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads
Reaction score
Hey Y'all -- Although JamesW beat me to the punch, I'll start a clean thread to look at interest for a breakfast meet before the CW Bike Show.

Last year we had a great turnout with lots of new faces. Looking for places close to the show, Jimmy's on First appears to have seating capacity for what could be a large group. Take a look and post up thoughts, ramblings, alternative suggestions for the meet, etc. and lets get this rolling. Niehart has accepted the reconnaissance mission to see if Jimmy's will work. Pricing for breakfasts looks about standard for the downtown area.

From last year, Saturday seemed to work the best for all. How about we plan for Saturday, December 12th at 8:30. Hopefully this is late enough for any of the PDX & CDN crews to make the trip. Riding is definitely the preferred method of transportation for the day...but Seattle being what it is (and barb has already jinxed us) :blink: my 'hood and those at higher elevations, will probably be covered with white stuff. :angry:

Post up here so we can gauge interest and get a count for seating. See you on December 12th!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
This was fun last year. Nobody bought anything- probably be the same this year. Just look and dream.

In...............

Plus at least 1 guest.

this year I have 4 wheel drive, and new tires. yay!

For some incentive...a couple shots from last years breakfast.

DSCN1046.jpg

Niehart with his back to the camera, and Hudson with Jackson drawing numbers out of the hat for prizes.

DSCN1049.jpg

Since I live in the foothills, this is what I woke up to that morning.

DSCN1044.jpg

...and then in just a few days, it turned into this. :blink:

DSCN1081.jpg

Hope to see everyone there!

--G

In. Will try to ride, but we'll see.

Let me get this straight ....... Neihart volunteered to go have breakfast at this joint and is passing that off as public service?! Tough gig! ;)

In. May bring both boys with me, as I got them an early Xmas gift (TTR50) and want them to get pumped to ride it in the Spring.

BTW, that is Jackson doing the number drawing.

Count me in. Someone from the wetside going to post up info on discount tickets a little sooner this year???

Weather looks like bike will be put up this weekend and that is a really sad thing. However, the big blue beast will get me there.

Anyone on the dryside want to meet up in Cle Elum/Ellensburg and ride over together let me know.

Show Tickets - online discounts:

Ticket Prices

Adult: 1-day $12 (online advance) • 1-day $13.50 (online general admission) • 1-day $15 (box office)

Purchase tickets online in advance and save $3 off the box office price! Save with $12 online only tickets when you buy early (Expires 12/4 at 6pm)

Adult Multi-day: 2-day $22 (box office only) • 3-day pass $30 (online only)

Senior 62+: 1-day $12 ($3 discount with ID- box office only)

Children 6-11: 1-day $6 • 2-day $10, Children 5 & under: free

Child Multi-day: 2-day $10 (box office only) • 3-day pass $10 (online only)

SPECIAL DAYS OF SAVINGS

Friday is Ladies Night Out- all women receive ½ off box office admission on Friday night (with coupon)

*Sunday is Family Day, all children 11 and under are free with adult admission

Beat the lines and you’ll always find the best prices online at motorcycleshows.com/tickets

BUY TICKETS

*Prices and show hours subject to change

Parking

Cars: $10/day

Motorcycles: FREE

Clicky

What a great idea, We will be there.

Don't think will we be a ridin' the silver beast, but using pooblic transport to get us there, you know these old euro habits die hard :D

It will be good to see all ya uglay faces again :p

DB

I'm in..I had a great time last year, I will ride if the roads are clear, I'm putting heated grips on this weekend..

Count me in!

It sure will be nice if more of us could actually ride in this year. Last year, Saread was the only hardy (crazy?) soul to brave the threatening snow and ride in. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I could have ridden the past 2 years because there was no snow sticking heading south from Seattle. I just don't want to get stuck having to call for a trailer if the snow gets thick in a hurry.

Got a post card in the mail today from Progressive Insurance with a promo code for $10 tickets to the show, online only. Since I am not buying a ticket this year :( I haven't actually tested it, but can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for all of you. Directions state:

Visit motorcyleshows.com

Click on "Buy Tickets"

Enter promo code: PRO10WA

Give, give give - pretty much sums me up.

I'll ride in again as long as the white stuff stays away. Wasn't really a big deal last year, I work in that neighborhood and it was just a regular commute for me. Don't know if I'll actually go to the show - it's kind of like going to the Fair, once every 5 years or so is good enough to see if there's anything new. Mostly looking forward to hanging out with the crew - fun folks.

Got a post card in the mail today from Progressive Insurance with a promo code for $10 tickets to the show, online only. Since I am not buying a ticket this year :( I haven't actually tested it, but can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for all of you. Directions state:
Visit motorcyleshows.com

Click on "Buy Tickets"

Enter promo code: PRO10WA

Give, give give - pretty much sums me up.
I got my ticket, see you there.

Thanks

Make sure your posting up so George can get a good head count for Jimmy's on First. He has it set up for 25 folks right now.
Oh and we do have a few treats! B)
pie?