D&H, what's up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh for christ sake, no one here who knows me in the slightest, or D&H for that matter, would take that statement seriously. The fact I posted the contact info, as well as the fact I had talked to them exactly one minute after posting that original post might be a clue........... :rolleyes:
Sorry, I'm not cutting you any slack. The post was in poor taste. This is a public forum - how exactly are we all supposed to "know you in the slightest"? I'm fairly new here on the forum, and I do have a deposit at D&H.

I have also "seen it all". In my industry, I have seen a great company who had been in business for 40 years go under, and I worked for another company that had been in business for 80 years go under. These are both companies that at one time were among the most respected companies in the industry, nationally known.

Congratulations Rad!!!

I took it hook, line and sinker! Wasn't 2 minutes after I read it I was on a search engine and the Cullman paper online trying to see whats what.

Waiter bait...I am way to easy, even for a newbie. :dribble:

Oh brother...... <_<

Well, you really stirred the pot on this one, Rad!

Baaaaad! Baaaaad!

Maybe you need a new avatar? ;)

Skooter,

What's worse about the Huffy is it's true! The AE I have on order will be my first motorcycle.

Yes folks...I already heard it all in a post last October. "Not a good first bike." Was actually thinking of taking the farkles off the Huffy and adding them to the FJR. You know...the clown horn and pedal operated headlight/taillight assembly.

I had a sinking feeling in my stomach as I was reading Rad's post. Then I considered the source and got a chuckle out of it.

So since all of you talked to D&H, did they say my AE was in yet? Hmmm?

I'll bet their YES is still $389, too.

One thing's for sure, if you call D&H on a Monday, you probably won't get anyone. They aren't open.

Which is a good thing. That means they are open on Saturday. So I can drive (or fly) down 480 miles on Friday night, get my bike Saturday, go to the museum/track up the street, and then change the oil when I get home. That's my plan, and I'm stickin' to it.

What's the name of that bike museum???

Rad,

I thought your first post on the topic was in great taste. True essence of givin it to the waiters. In fine forum sipirit I might add. We have all been waiters at some point and the ribbing is part of the game and very amusing to some of the more mischevous among us. Good work!

Oh for christ sake, no one here who knows me in the slightest, or D&H for that matter, would take that statement seriously.  The fact I posted the contact info, as well as the fact I had talked to them exactly one minute after posting that original post might be a clue........... :rolleyes:
Sorry, I'm not cutting you any slack. The post was in poor taste. This is a public forum - how exactly are we all supposed to "know you in the slightest"? I'm fairly new here on the forum, and I do have a deposit at D&H.

I have also "seen it all". In my industry, I have seen a great company who had been in business for 40 years go under, and I worked for another company that had been in business for 80 years go under. These are both companies that at one time were among the most respected companies in the industry, nationally known.
dramaqueen.gif

Though I will give ya the new to the forum part, but thats it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rad,

You have done it this time! In my little sick vivid imagination I see all those waiters looking just like Tub Girl when they read your first post! Absolutely fabulous!!! I am only pissed at you because I didn’t get to this thread first and post the same response myself!

Anyone with any knowledge of D&H could see right through the parody. The second post should have gotten the reader off the hook even if they are a little slow on the uptake.

Keep it up! See you on the road this season!

:D

It was easy for me to bite even though mine is not coming from D&H. Yamaha dropped my local dealer I ordered from. I had to have Corporate set me up with another dealer.

It was easy for me to bite even though mine is not coming from D&H. Yamaha dropped my local dealer I ordered from. I had to have Corporate set me up with another dealer.
Now that really blows. For real.

Oh brother...... <_<

Baaaaad! Baaaaad!

I dunno, that new avatar really isn't a lot different from his usual one.... :p

FWIW, I knew it was a joke as soon as I read the post.

Oh brother...... <_<

Baaaaad!  Baaaaad!

I dunno, that new avatar really isn't a lot different from his usual one.... :p

FWIW, I knew it was a joke as soon as I read the post.
See? Now thats the spirit! :p

Much as I would like to..........I can't claim credit for the Rad's new avatar. That is purely the product of his own warped mind.

Bye the way,

How is management coming with an area that would praise or trash dealers? I would like to incude mine under trash since he didn't have the balls to call me after Yamaha dumped him. He still sells other lines.

Sorry, I'm not cutting you any slack.  The post was in poor taste.  This is a public forum - how exactly are we all supposed to "know you in the slightest"?  I'm fairly new here on the forum, and I do have a deposit at D&H.
Chill. Giving waiters a ration of :stink: is a tradition that dates back to the first PdP in 2003. I know. I was one of those biting th bushes wanting my bike. But I didn't call my dealer (D&H) every 30 minutes like a 5 year old with a small bladder riding in the back seat of Dad's car. :haha:

Grow some thicker skin and if you read something you suspect, do your own research and (dis)prove it before having a kaniption fit. :dribble: :headbonk:

If you're not careful people will think you're a Goldwinger that took the hook and got upset about nothing more than leaving his funny bone back at the Dairy Queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bunch of whiners......wawawawa... :D

all of us members were waiters at one time or another and got the same treatment. Either de-tuned bikes or fake delays,cargo containers falling off ships,

longshoreman strikes,etc. ;)