Da Fenda Extenda

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikewhore

Reaction score
I got one with my bike. I didn't get the instructions. It has two small pieces of double sided tape. Will that suffice for mounting?

Thanks yet again! :D

No, the tape is just for holding it in place while you drill holes for the included hardware. You can also remove the tape and glue it with ABS cement as detailed by Warchild on FJRTech.

Go with the ABS cement per the Warchild article on FJRTECH. I did it with no problems and it is working great with over 5000mi. :agent:

I used to ABS glue as the others have mentioned. No steenking screws or tape required. over 10,000 miles- no problem. But remember with adhesives- surface prep is key. Clean the surfaces to be bonded. I used the PVC primer stuff you buy for plumbing fittings.

Gorilla Glue works great too. Just wet both pieces with water first, and clamp it solidly with the spring-loaded padded clamps. Don't use too much because it expands ALOT!!!

I used 1/2" grade 8 bolts due to listening too closely to the fear mongers concerning potential deadly outcomes should it leave it's assigned area. :eek:

Not really, I glued it..... :p

I glued mine, but think I should have used the primer. (the purple stuff coincidentally did a good job at disolving my kitchen floor)

I glued mine with the black ABS and it came off after 18K. It's somewhere between Salt Lake City and Denver.....although I suspect somewhere near Laramie.

If anybody finds it, I want it back.

Glue it for a perfect fit and appearance.

Like everyone said, surface prep is the key.

I used a dremel and scored gridlines on both the fender and the FE's mating surfaces.

Holding great (even though only a few months and 1400 miles).

-BD

This has been in place for over 2 years and 72,000 miles now..... and these 72,000 miles were not very slow or gentle, either... :lol:

installed.jpg

I attached mine with PVC glue. Lasted for about 19K miles and as high as 145 mph. Lost it last week while doing about 100 mph. I thought that I hit an unseen pebble on a smooth road (not leaned over) and when I stopped, the fenda extenda was no longer there. No drama involved, just gone.

:oops:

Cue

This has been in place for over 2 years and 72,000 miles now..... and these 72,000 miles were not very slow or gentle, either... :lol:

installed.jpg
Dale,

Is that pic from "Timex" or your restored deer-stike bike?