Daddy and Daughter Does the Desert

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this where you had to explain why you brought an FJR to a Busa gathering?
Banquet.jpg

First, you bring a Busa to NAFO, and now this....

Rebel! :lol:
Yeah, I got a noteworthy blast of shit from the Busa guys...
bling_cool.gif

And, as it happens... the FJR is now down for maintenance. The Electrosport stator appears to be - finally - giving it up. I am pushing 13.5 volts with nothing running on the bike but headlights. If I try anything more - 4GHID lamps, or Warm-N-Safe liner, etc.... I am immediately down to an unhealthy 12.9 volts. Since we know about the oil-cooling issues on these stators, I am not all that unhappy to get ~ 53,000 miles out of this stator since installation.

But what this means is... I will likely have to bring the Hayabusa to WFO once again. To be honest, the Busa is also struggling badly at the moment... it has a completely toasted rear shock. Fortunately for me, Moscow is just up the road a piece... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a minute - your daughter is 19 and she wants to hang out with her dad? I thought all 19 year-olds were brain damaged and already know everything?

Cool that you guys were able to take that trip together. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, btw, mom must be STUNNING. She sure didn't get her looks from you! LOL!
Gunny!

Wait a minute - your daughter is 19 and she wants to hang out with her dad? I thought all 19 year-olds were brain damaged and already know everything?
Cool that you guys were able to take that trip together. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, btw, mom must be STUNNING. She sure didn't get her looks from you! LOL!
Gunny!
Double-gunny! :)

whoa...

what a great report of what must have been such a great time....

as a father to a daughter (30 y/o) it sounds as if you have your priority ducks in a row to change your plans on a dime.

good for you, good for her, too.

best wishes,

dave.

And, as it happens... the FJR is now down for maintenance. The Electrosport stator appears to be - finally - giving it up.
But what this means is... I will likely have to bring the Hayabusa to WFO once again.
Pfffft!!!!

Quit being such a whiny-gash, teengage drama queen pussy! :p

We both KNOW you have an extra Electrosport laying around. Git-r-done!!!!

:****:

We both KNOW you have an extra Electrosport laying around. Git-r-done!!!!
Now, why would I want to install a component that only last 53,000 miles?
whistling.gif

Truthfully, it's more of a time-management thang.... that, and the fact I don't like to do a long trip immediately after a significant maintenance evolution...

Truthfully, it's more of a time-management thang.... that, and the fact I don't like to do a long trip immediately after a significant maintenance evolution...
Ahh, so you just don't have faith in your mechanical abilities?

:blinksmiley:

Sounds a little bit lame to me. I think you just want to hoon around on those Idaho roads with the 'Busa. Can't say I blame you. Got TIRES? :lol: :lol:

Great ride. Great memories. And OM has some worthy competition in the photography department. So glad your daughter still thinks Dad is cool enough to hang out with. It was at about her age that our daughter turned back into a human being again.

Great report Dale, As you are already aware you are a very lucky man to have one of your own share one of your greatest passions (she has missed time with you while you have been riding,and you have missed her) but to share together a trip like that YOU BOTH ROCK! Plan the next one... Ride safe

Hopefully when my daughter gets older we willl be able to enjoy something like this.

Right now, just hopin I make it till she is 18. 17 months. But who is counting???? :rolleyes:

QUOTE (ionbeam @ Jul 28 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (1FJR @ Jul 28 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great report, but is that the temp down there on the GPS or you were moving.

Of course it is the temperature, you just know that it wouldn't be the speed.
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Well, let's see what kind of enhancements PhotoChop can do for us.... okay, here we go.... um..... uh-oh.....

........... D'OH!!!!!!!!!
blink.gif

103actual.jpg

I guess my claim that the GPS readout was in Km/H is not going to work...

*sigh*...... busted.

OTOH, ya know, GPS technology/accuracy can be negatively impacted by sunspot activity, and there is a lot of that out here in the Desert West.

whistling.gif

Dale, there is something special about daughters and our relationship with them.

What a great report and a great time you two must have had. Good on you both! Congratulations on being that kind of Dad. :clapping:

I was thinking that Lauryn was the one drawing names for "swag" at WFO-3 and then I saw Eric's post and your answer.

Shotguns?? I just had a man-to-man talk with "junior" about how I thought my daughter should be treated and the end result if he did something stupid and actually injured her in a car accident, etc. For some reason all of her boyfriends were "askeered"....go figure. :rolleyes:

What kind of seat is on your FJR?
It's a Russell. His was the one they were using for the FJR seat photos but I haven't been on their site for some time.

Great report. I have tried several times to get my daughter to go for a ride with me, but no luck. We do dirt bikes together, but she does not like riding street. Either way, the time is special.

btw, how's the arm doing these days ???hope it's better, or not any worse, or fixed and I missed it here...

Mike
It's not better or worse... the bicep will always remain torn, there is really nothing to be done about it.

Ahh, so you just don't have faith in your mechanical abilities? :blinksmiley:
Even to the best technicians, sometimes shit just happens. ;) I'm sure it would be fine, but.....

Sounds a little bit lame to me. I think you just want to hoon around on those Idaho roads with the 'Busa.
Not with it's current OEM rear shock, it is completely shot; sadly, there won't be any significant hooning on the Busa this weekend..... :(