Dammit, I'm smarter than that!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hully Gully here in London Ontario has an '08 for 15,700 after all rebates. I checked it out last week. I won't be buying it but was pretty tempted at that price. With an '08 going for that price the '07 and '06 should be coming down in price for even greater savings.
Wow, much thanks Dave, is that a demo model? If not, I'll give them a call before the weekend.

Just a thought...January is the cold month here. Dealers are hungry by January 31st. I would think that Great White North dealers stay hungry longer, but Feb. seems like a good time to offer them some food.

You might consider buying it now and spending a month adding farkles. It's at least as good as sex!

:)

Most of them sell quads and sleds... if they only sell bikes they are hurting. The smarter dealers sell most manufacturers full-line to keep them occupied.

17.4 seems like a bunch of money for an FJR...I know of an 07 on a dealer floor that is much much less than that....I can even buy a new 08 for much less than that. I don't get it. They are taking off 1500 and you're still paying over 17 grand for one? You sure you are not buying a BMW?
That's what you get with Canadian pricing...................screwed!!!!! Even though the dollar is at par, the only products that were re-priced were BOOKS!!!!

There is at least a 6-7K difference on '08 and '07 models between countries (the MSRP on an '08 in Canada is 21K!!!).

I would strongly suggest you drive across the border and buy one. It will only cost you about $800 in GST and the RIV fee (there is NO duty), and about $500 to have it shipped to a location in NY state (or wherever else). There is probably a shop in NY state that will sell you one (Michigan would be closer from Sudbury).

The only issue is the Warranty. The shop that sells it to you will honor it..............Canada won't. It's a bit of a PITA but if you can save 6K or so, it's well worth the effort. Besides, importing the FJR into Canada is just a matter of paperwork!!! A few of us have done it and it's easy!!!!!!

Mattster (My FJR came from Georgia)
At least you don't have George Bush. All in all, I'd say you're getting the better deal.

That's what you get with Canadian pricing...................screwed!!!!! Even though the dollar is at par, the only products that were re-priced were BOOKS!!!!

At least you don't have George Bush. All in all, I'd say you're getting the better deal.

Not for much longer right??????????? Which one will Micheal Moore make a movie about next????

Hey Bingie,
Hully Gully here in London Ontario has an '08 for 15,700 after all rebates. I checked it out last week. I won't be buying it but was pretty tempted at that price. With an '08 going for that price the '07 and '06 should be coming down in price for even greater savings.

DaveW
Talked to Jenn at Hully Gully today. The price is actually $16,108 otd pre-tax and it's a deal because of a m/c show they're holding or just held in London. There's a $409 prep/ship charge. Puts it within $100 of Snow City so it's not worth it to me to buy down there if I end up buying Canadian.

I've spreadsheet the thing and on paper, it's closer than I thought when I take into account the hassle of importing and the value of a local warranty and a couple other differences, but not close enough yet. If we only could get that $1K rebate that Quebec'rs have on offer this week, I'd eat the difference.

I've finally got some time this weekend and I was going to give Snow City a call to see if we can't work a deposit, pick up after I sell at least one of my bikes. It's asking a lot though when its discounted to that price. We'll see.

I was toying with the idea of towing my Honda down to sell at the show at the Ex Center in April. Otherwise I'll have to wait until mid-March to put it in the AutoTrader.

Regardless. Much thanks for sharing your research with the other ice 'n snowbound frostbacks. We got about 5" of white shit yesterday and the windchill this morning was -30 (again). You guys down south got crapped on again I see <pbbbttthhh>

Newbie here. I am looking to trade in my 02 VTX Honda in for a 08 FJR at the multi dealer in Iowa. The MSRP here is $13,899. I haven't test ridden the FJR yet since the winter won't go away, just ogled it and sat on it. Just looking for encouragement from current owners(as if I need it !). Specifically, I am looking for previous owners of cruisers that have made the move to the FJR, and what you miss, or don't miss about the cruisers.
i paid off my 2005 road king last year and plan to add an ST bike to my garage soon (also looking at the FJR).

as technically superior as the FJR is over the FLHR... it will never be able to replace it's mission... that being a simple, comfy, torquey, laid back 2 up country road runner. there is much to be said for both - when you look at what they are each designed to accomplish.

Newbie here. I am looking to trade in my 02 VTX Honda in for a 08 FJR at the multi dealer in Iowa. The MSRP here is $13,899. I haven't test ridden the FJR yet since the winter won't go away, just ogled it and sat on it. Just looking for encouragement from current owners(as if I need it !). Specifically, I am looking for previous owners of cruisers that have made the move to the FJR, and what you miss, or don't miss about the cruisers.
I have an 03 VTX 1800 ( I love my X ) I also have my 07 FJR. I have owned 3 other bikes over the past few years along side my X and I have put more miles on my VTX than all others combined.

My FJR is a better fit for when my wife goes with me.( she says the FJR is much more comfy then the X)

I don't know why, I always take the Ntrous bottle off before we go riding :yahoo:

They both have there place. But would I give up my X and Just ride my FJR.

I hope I never have to figure that one out. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

i paid off my 2005 road king last year and plan to add an ST bike to my garage soon (also looking at the FJR).

as technically superior as the FJR is over the FLHR... it will never be able to replace it's mission... that being a simple, comfy, torquey, laid back 2 up country road runner. there is much to be said for both - when you look at what they are each designed to accomplish.
Most-recent bike before the 06 FJR AE was a V65 Magna. I miss the Magna's smoothness (the high-freq vibration in the FJR handlebars and pegs is a turn-off) and its laid-back seating position (neck pain on the FJR after an hour). OTOH the Magna handled like a barrel--no fun at all in the twisties. If Honda were still making them, I'd have bought a new V65 in a heartbeat, but they weren't so I didn't.

That said, I have grown to love the FJR for its sheer competence at many things and sheer greatnes at others. It does the seemingly impossible: it's a big, comfortable, two-up, mileage burner and handles well beyond my skills, all this for a reasonable price. On top of that, Yamaha is good about fixing things that it has munged up (just recalled/replaced for free all the ECU units without being hit over the head).

Mostly you're going to hear what a great bike it is--you're on an FJR forum after all--but to paraphrase what they say about Shakespeare, it's a great bike despite all the people who say it's a great bike.

Geez, Ari and Pony you guy's don't miss a trick do you.... (check post 5)
I was thinking $17.4k was high until I look to see where Bungie resides……Then I looked at the current exchange rate....... REALLY sucks that Yamaha is so proud of the FJR in Canada….