Darwinism at work

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
A 30-something year-old man drowned yesterday in a canal after he attempted to jump onto a floating air mattress which shot out from under him. He could not swim. Not sure yet if alcohol was a factor. It usually is in these cases.

Big props to him for actually making it to his 30's. :clapping:

Bright side- Our swiftwater rescue team got some good practice.

Safety tip- Wear a PFD around bodies of water if you don't know how to swim.

I don't get how people don't choose to learn how to swim. Or drive.

In his mind (what little of it there was), the air mattress probably was his PFD...

Last edited by a moderator:
But Toecutter lives in Clovis -

though Clovis is surrounded by the central valley and agriculture represents a significant part of the local economy - you would of thought that it was someone by the NAME of Clovis who did this and it might have happened somewhere else -

one of those: "hey Bubba - watch this"

when you here those words - it is usually a good idea to "STEP AWAY"

Yeah, I've never understood how people figure they don't need to know how to swim. I don't mean like a champion backstroke but just so they don't have to fear falling off a boat or into a pool. I mean, isn't 75% of the Earth is covered by water?

Even more stupidity was involved than alcohol!

Yeah, I've never understood how people figure they don't need to know how to swim. I don't mean like a champion backstroke but just so they don't have to fear falling off a boat or into a pool. I mean, isn't 75% of the Earth is covered by water?
Er, the entire earth is surrounded by miles and miles deep of sky. Does this mean we should all know how to fly?

Jess wonnerin'. :dntknw:

:grin:

Er, the entire earth is surrounded by miles and miles deep of sky. Does this mean we should all know how to fly?

Jess wonnerin'. :dntknw:

:grin:
yes :rolleyes:

I can't swim. I tried, took lessons when I was just a mere tike. Instructors sucked, let me have a baaaaad experience, left me with the fear of water. However, I do wear my PFD when I go fishing and I don't play in pools.

I can't swim. I tried, took lessons when I was just a mere tike. Instructors sucked, let me have a baaaaad experience, left me with the fear of water. However, I do wear my PFD when I go fishing and I don't play in pools.
PFD? This is Alabama speak for 'water wings', if I'm not mistaken.

Geez, what losers. Hell no, it's not a damn duck, we use those as decoys when hunting, and hey dumbass, it's not any gay-ass water-wingies. This is ALABAMA. PFD means: Kenworth inner-tube. Straighten-up and act like you got some home-training, okay? ;)

I don't post, I just read. And laugh...out loud and often. Been here for months, just reading. TSW finally made me get my own log in name. That said, after reading innumerable threads, I'm anxiously awaiting a response along the following lines:

"Hey, that guy is my second cousin, twice removed, who married my ex sister-in-law after I divorced him."

Either that or J Burleigh will say something along the lines of, "Hey now, that guy has a family too, and you don't know if perhaps someone in that guy's family rides and is a member of this Forum... would you like to see a video of the time I jumped off a bridge, on my FJR and landed WITH SUCCESS on an inflatable raft?"

TWN, I was sure you'd declare said non swimmer GAY as well as dead and ask what color the raft was.

All in good fun. Collectively you guys crack me up.

I love this bar.

And yes, TC, I CAN swim.

Uh, Scab...

For someone who indicated he wasn't a swimmin' kind of guy, I'm impressed you were so quick to identify my stroke!

Speaking of avatars... until you changed yours recently, I was SURE you were far to pretty to have contrived the explanation of your screen name. (Nah'lins, hookers and stitches?)

Thanks for the warm welcome.

:drinks:

The former av was my beautiful (but visually impared) wife. Some started complaining about it and wanted me to change it. I think they were lusting for me based on the picture and then disturbed when they found out I was a dude and they were actually having gay thoughts. The new pic is remarkably accurate in its resemblance to me. Scary.

Okay, you got me...

Uh, Scab...
For someone who indicated he wasn't a swimmin' kind of guy, I'm impressed you were so quick to identify my stroke!

:drinks:

Well, it's like this: I'm not a buick either, but I know one when I see one. :D