Datel Install and farkling day!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt101

Reaction score
Well I have been busy today farkling. Spots fitted. Intaride connected and the Datel that SkooterG sent me installed. Must say it looks great. Easy to read in the sun and not too bright in the dark :clapping:

IMAG07611.jpg

IMAG0760.jpg

IMAG07631.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have been busy today farkling. Spots fitted. Intaride connected and the Datel that SkooterG sent me installed. Must say it looks great. Easy to read in the sun and not too bright in the dark :clapping:

IMG_0035.jpg
Looks nice.

I am wondering about your radiator guard. I picked up one like it off of EBay.

After looking at it closer, I opted for the COX. Does yours not restrict too much

airflow? Maybe (Seeing your location) it is not so much a factor as here in Florida.

Maybe in cooler weather its fine... just wondering?

I have ridden in 35c in France and it wasn't an issue. Only time the fans kicked in was in traffic. I haven't had an issue at any time.

But there again we don't have nice weather as regular as you do! :glare: :D

Cool! Congrats Matt!

Good to see my old Datel that came off my 226,000 mile Dirty Ol Whore on another 04 FJR!!! And one across the pond even - how cool is that?

It's great matey. Check your messages because I need to arrange payment with yourself!

Cheers again Greg
drinks.gif

They are Blueflame Tri-Ovals Have a look. Hand made and they are getting a good name for themselves over here. I have the bottom baffles out and sounds nice. Really throaty. But with both out :rolleyes:

IMG_0029.jpg

Matt,

I really like your choice of location for the Datel meter. I have mine down low (in the "D" panel) and I tend not to see or look at it all that much, unless I'm worried about my electrical load (heated gear). Having it up high would be so much more obvious, in the event of a problem. Could you maybe take some more shots of it to show how much it sticks out from the curved C panel?

Also, what's the green LED on the left hand side of the dash (in the first photo)? Just curious...

Ask and ye shall receive!

Bottom

IMG_0077.jpg

Right

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Left

IMG_0064.jpg

The gap is just over a mm at it's largest on the corner. I will use a black silicone to fill in and make it look a little neater but over all I'm happy with it.

As regards the left hand LED it is a GPS based 'safety' :glare: camera system. Lets me know when I may be approaching a 'let me empty your pockets sir!' site :D https://www.gpsinforad.co.uk/default.asp and it is the M1 system. I know they cover Europe but don't know if there is a US version.

Thanks very much. Yeah, I like that Datel location a lot. I know someone else used it (Woofoo?) but yours came out very neat looking.

As for the safety cameras, luckily we aren't that "safe" yet, at least in these parts.... ;)

I think his was mounted on the panel. I luckily had a scrap C panel that my mate let me have when he scrapped his bike. So I did a Part 1 job with that to be doubly sure the screen workings wouldn't foul at the back. It clears by a good 15-20mm so no issues there. It is in just the right place for reading while riding
good.gif