Datel installed.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually prefer the C panel mount, although I would prefer it flush w/ the panel. I've seen one picture, somewhere, that shows such a mount. However, after looking over that area before I installed my Datel, I just couldn't convince myself that it would fit flush and avoid interference w/ the windshield mechanism. Thus, I capitulated and installed it in D panel.

I actually prefer the C panel mount, although I would prefer it flush w/ the panel. I've seen one picture, somewhere, that shows such a mount. However, after looking over that area before I installed my Datel, I just couldn't convince myself that it would fit flush and avoid interference w/ the windshield mechanism. Thus, I capitulated and installed it in D panel.
yep, +1 on the stress of the "just might or might barely" fit next to windshield mechanism

I chickened out and mounted it on the outside

3708483364_2db01fa377.jpg

When I chose that location I knew going in that flush mount might not work, but it's where I wanted it regardless. I had to move it away from the original owner's location, glued to the side of the brake reservoir, with a switch glued onto the side of it, as seen in this pic taken when I bought it.

dashsm.jpg

I cut the opening, set it in there loose and worked the windshield. I put it about a quarter inch higher than the mechanism shoved it while it was loose.

yep, +1 on the stress of the "just might or might barely" fit next to windshield mechanism

I chickened out and mounted it on the outside

3708483364_2db01fa377.jpg

You, Sir, are the master of "external" accessories. :rolleyes:

:lol:

mantra continued daily:

Hi, my name is Mike, and I am a farkle oholic.

I attend my local FA meetings monthly.

I am in touch my sponsor RadioHowie daily and he helps me.

He has me canceling my auto email notices from internet stores.

He has blocked my ebay login.

I promise not to visit any local dealerships.

My name is Mike, and I am a farkle oholic.

If you have a dash shelf you can mount one like this.

Some epoxy on a bent piece of metal with some black paint and you're done .

Last edited by a moderator: