Dealers that have recieved FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparky,
I was also told to expect delivery in March. My dealer in Troy, NY still has not received any bikes. I'll just keep riding my VTX.
Troy City told me this week, But i didn't get a call yet. Let us know when you pick it up?

Anyone have that 800 number for Yamaha Customer Service. I think I want to call and complain about this entire process. I know I saw the number somewhere but just can't find it now when I want it. Appreciate it if someone could repost it.

Personally , I think if everyone purchasing an fjr called and complained about the pdp system, maybe then Yamaha would listen. Unfortunately, I think we are all complaining here on the forum and Yamaha probably thinks all is well.

thanks,

BMort

Mine came in yesterday (the 2nd) without bags. Dealer says bags are "on the way". The only problem is they don't have the title yet. Mailed seperately. I am hoping today or tomorrow. At least I got to sit on it yesterday. Ordered 12/16.

Mid Ohio Suzuki in Mt Vernon ,Ohio got 5,mine included. He has one available(unsold) slated for AUGUST delivery. CEE BAILEY will have replacement windshields end of May.

S76,Where did you order your fjr from? I ordered mine from Columbia Motor Sports. Spoke to Scott today and he still does not know when he will be receiving them.

This PDP program really stinks. If Yamaha is doing it to make their product "special" they are definiitely not succeeding. I doubt if they are monitoring these forums because they don't seem to have a feel for the public's feeling on this issue.

BMort
Enfield Motorsports, 15 minutes north of Hartford. Their only FJR sale. What kind of priority do you think they will get?

My problem is I planned a trip a year ago to Tail of the Dragon, leaving June 1st. If I do get the bike I will have had it like a week before I go, probably won't have bags, how to do the 600 service, and all. I came off an 80 Suzuki GS that I was not to good at so how the heck am I going to learn how to get not to good at this bike in such short time. It should feel like a space ship to me though compared to the GS. And of course, both of my GS's already sold.

:angry2:

S76

JUST got off the phone with Scott from Columbia Motor Sports. He spoke to Yamaha this morning and found out his 8 bikes will be shipped on 5/15/06 and should be to his dealership a week later. I also have a trip planned to Nova Scotia (did Tail of the Dragon the last 2 years) and wanted to take the fjr. He assured me he will have his tech do my service whenever I want it done. I told him I wanted to schedule the 600 mile service the week after I pick up the bike. He said fine. He's been good to deal with. I don't blame him for Yamaha's procedure.

BMort

:yahoo:

Got the call this morning! Bike is here!!! Well "there" anyway... I've got about 3 hours of driving/riding between me and my new toy. I'm psyched!

For those waiting for a bike from Sunnyside, Pat just called to say they had just received the first two FJR's that had been ordered - they do not expect another shipment until the 15th of May.

Someone is going to be very happy!!

My only suggestion to Yamaha is to eliminate this method of selling bikes. This is my second I waited for 9 months with the first 03 I bought. I swore I would not do this again. I duped myself into thinking this would not be this way again. Again I sit with no bike days after the promised delivery date. Yamaha ship these bikes like all the rest......... Stop with this pdp CRAP...

My only suggestion to Yamaha is to eliminate this method of selling bikes. This is my second I waited for 9 months with the first 03 I bought. I swore I would not do this again. I duped myself into thinking this would not be this way again. Again I sit with no bike days after the promised delivery date. Yamaha ship these bikes like all the rest......... Stop with this pdp CRAP...
wambulance.jpg

Y'know, it's REAL friggin' hard to sympathize with someone who's on their second helping. Lots of these guys and gals are getting their first bites at the apple and you complain about waiting for your SECOND!

Finally my new blue "baby" was delivered today at 1:30 pm. :rolleyes: She was so beautiful in the sun it totally knocked me out! I sold my Concours last November and have been bikeless since. :wacko: The wait absolutely drove me crazy and the schizo dealer and salesmen simply added to it. :asshat: I told them that I was not interested in purchasing the RPM (Ramsey Periodic Maintenance Program) for 1100 and turned down the opportunity to by an extended warranty from McGraw for 600 upon you guy's advise. :aggressive: I got on this new machine and was blown away by how smooth and powerful it is. The way it carves the turns and powers through them is impressive and felt so surefooted. :thumbsup: I got 11 miles on it today, cuz i got this freakin' job that makes the payments but tomorrow is Saturday and I will be making this "new toy" stretch it's legs a bit. :yahoo: Thanks to all of you for leading me to this amazing and beautiful machine, I think that I may be in love. :nono: She only wants to be with me, ( i got the key), I feel sure that she will never tell me no when I want to go for a "ride" (she has no choice actually), I am certain that the faster I go the better she will like it (hopefully more than 8 seconds), and last but not least no diamonds are required. (this is all a secret because I am sure that the love of my life, the one with 90% of the money and 100% of the pussy would not appreciate this commentary!!!) :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I am one happy camper and hope to see you all on the roads! OH BOY!!!