Deals gap to ride the dragon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilliams500

Reaction score
We had a great ride Monday July 21st from Huntsville AL to Gatlinburg TN and returning Tuesday July 22nd. We meandered through AL, GA, TN, and NC. For me it was my first ride through the Dragon. This was almost the longest 2 day trip ever on a motorcycle and my first real ride on the FJR. The 1st part of the trip was more highway from Huntsville AL through Chattanooga TN. We got on the Skyway at Telico Planes after a quick stop in at Telico Motorcycle outfitters. (We called ahead and they opened on Monday for us). Beautiful ride through the skyway. Riding the dragon was an experience and I am certain with more time I will get more comfortable with going faster. We went on that day into Gatlinburg TN arriving just before the rain (5 minutes). We had a great ride back that next day through the Smokey Mountains but we did avoid most of the twisties coming back. Couple of near misses coming through Chattanooga TN in the afternoon and then hitting the torential rains in AL. The ride through the Smokey Mountains is incredible and I am headed back to do it again. This time with a little more time on my hands to stop and take in the scenic overlooks. Not much time to look and make the corners as well. In the group we were lead the whole way by the Blackbird (he has the valentine radar detector), then swapping positions throughout the trip 2nd to 5th with my FJR, the Hybusa, the FZ1, and the Concourse.

Here are a few photos. (Had to find the "How to post")

100_2032.jpg
[/img]

Yep, thats a nice ride. I went for the first time back in June. Ill bet your pace was faster than mine. The group I was with consisted of a BMW LT1100, Goldwing, Harley Dina wide glide, My FJR. We had fun though.

Even with all the LEO's in the area and the amount of bikes on the Dragon, you can always look forward to the Cherahola. Beautiful scenery and excellent roads.