Deals Gap.... Who's interested?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LGizmo

Reaction score
:yahoo: Ok this is the entire week from Sat. Jun 2nd to Sat. Jun 9th.. I've got a property rented down right by Deals Gap and I'm looking for anyone who's interested in going. We'll be staying here: https://www.twosisterschalet.com/ which is literally less then a 5 min ride from the infamous "Tail of the Dragon".

If you've never been there... I highly recommend you go atleast once in your life...its an experiance you'll never forget. If there are any riders that are new to that area I will be more then happy show you around and pace you till you know what you're getting into.

There will be NO SMOKING in the house:nono: This is a BYOS occassion... so bring your own $hit like food/beer etc.... There is a BBQ so more then like there will be alot of grillin goin on. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Bedding Available:

Room with King bed $50/night (booked 4th and 5th)

Room with Queen bed $40/night (Newly Available)

Room with 2 Queen beds $30/bed/night(Booked for entire week)

2 twin beds $15/bed/night (booke Thurs, Fri)

2 sleeper sofas $ 20/bed/night

If I book all the beds and you wanna crash on the floor I'll have a couple air matresses available for a nomimal fee.

These prices are higher then i'd like but are necessary to compensate for the possibility of unbooked rooms/nights.

You MUST PAY IN ADVANCE to reserve a bed... I will take Paypal payments or we can work something out if thats not an option for you.

PM me with any questions and I'll answer them as quick as possible.

I will try to keep this updated as room get booked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Crap!

That sounds like fun...

If I didn't already have my year's vacation planned...I would seriously be up for this. I'm sure you'll have takers in no time. Man, that chalet is right at the base of the Dragon...and obviously near all the other fun roads in that area.

Have fun there Gizmo. :clapping:

Sounds good, but we already have our plans set and won't get there till the 15th for over a week of fun riding! We're staying at Fontana Village. Usually rent a house for the week, but decided to try something different this year.

BUMPITY BUMP....Wow I'm really surprised there isn't more interest in this trip....Its a steal for the accomodations let alone the company you'll be keeping...lol

I'm going to be in the area during the same period. Already have my accomodations. I'll be staying in Asheville, but maybe we can hook up?

So how many have signed up?
you're the only one from this site...my folks and grandparents are coming down to do the tourist thing.. I've got some local guys coming down end of the week. and a few others from Motorcycle addicts that are interested but No confirmation yet.

I'm going to be in the area during the same period. Already have my accomodations. I'll be staying in Asheville, but maybe we can hook up?

if you want I can PM you my cell# and you can just give a call if you wanna ride... I'll be running all around the area all the entire week. :yahoo:

GIz, looks too cool!

but as the wife said "why are you going to drive 1000miles round trip to ride on 11 miles of road (she still just doesnt understand).

BUt hey thanks for the advice on the supermoto gear; this is just an unbelievable jacket (still waiting on the pants)!!

-kevin

GIz, looks too cool!but as the wife said "why are you going to drive 1000miles round trip to ride on 11 miles of road (she still just doesnt understand).

BUt hey thanks for the advice on the supermoto gear; this is just an unbelievable jacket (still waiting on the pants)!!

-kevin
Kevin,

Yeah I get that alot and if you notice its almost always coming from someone who's never been there. There is so much more to the area than that ONE 11 mile section of road. I've yet to find a bad road down there and everyone has its own characteristics which makes for a great vacation.

As far as the supermoto gear, I'm glad I could help. Yep for some reason the pants are generally on back order. I hope they suit you well and you enjoy the benefits of the extra airflow..lol...

Good Riding,

Lance

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Mad mad props to Giz. We made it home safe except for the monkey butt.

Dude.

Who rents a huge ass house at the 1st insection North of the Dragon and

takes a whole trailer full of bikes to abuse for an entire week?

Who spends every sore night with a mixed drink in a jacuzzi on a hillside in the Smokies?

Who brings the ladies along to force feed the hooligans with home cooking?

Umm. You. :D

Those early weekday morning Dragon runs were magical !!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that friggn awesome of what. I'm still smiling.

The last trip up the tail, we saw a group of new looking R-7's. Yes, R7's not R6's.

They were way way serious sounding and looking machines.

I think they were storing them in a circus tent at the resort.

Put me down for next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, I'm new this, what is this 11 mile strip like? We are deffinetly interested in getting involved in some trips (after the cruise control is installed).

So Giz, you going to file a ride report? i am dying to see. Would have loved to go but we went on a nice 2 day here in WV check it out!

Maybe you can swing down to WV some time and we'll go check out smokehole of SR 33 into Virginia as a comparison to the Dragon!!

-cheers