Dec ride #2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
MotoSwatcop and I are going to make a run to Cheaha and surrounding areas on the Thurs After Christmas weather permitting .

This is an open invite

I will be off for this one. Look forward to meeting some of yall. Keeping my fingers crossed for a warm day. :cold: It will be my first chance to try out the new Vstream waiting under the tree. OH yea, I will be coming from Athens. Where do you want to meet? What time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be off for this one. Look forward to meeting some of yall. Keeping my fingers crossed for a warm day. :cold: It will be my first chance to try out the new Vstream waiting under the tree. OH yea, I will be coming from Athens. Where do you want to meet? What time?
The place is still up in the air at the moment. Lets see how many are comming. We were thinking in the 9-10 range for time.

Well, you know I'm in. Even if it's 14 degrees. :dribble: I'm off til the 3rd. :yahoo:

The wife will be off Thursday also. She said she'll put on coffee for everyone if they want it.

Well, you know I'm in. Even if it's 14 degrees. :dribble: I'm off til the 3rd. :yahoo: The wife will be off Thursday also. She said she'll put on coffee for everyone if they want it.
You're there.

I'm there.

It's Cheaha.

It'll Rain :glare:

Don't think there's any way I can make this one. I'm off all week, but I've planned to take my daughters and the neighbors' kids to the cabin for a couple days.

You guys have fun and be safe. Git sum fer me!!!

This'll be good. It's actually the first board related ride I've ever been able to make. If this turns me into a human; I'm gonna be pissed. Look forward to seeing/meeting you guys. Kevin; I'll give you a yell on Wednesday ref a link up point w/ you and SOUTHERNMAGE. Interstate exit might be easiest for him. i have to work tonight so I will keep an eye on this thread for intel updates.

Good Christmas All!

How do I find a gig that allows me to ride with you guys? :angry: I am either working, or the weather sux every time I see a ride come up!

I still have not had a chance to meet many of you folks.... although I did get to meet Motoswat briefly while he was working the other night.

and No.... Moto.... just cause you took your tag cover off, does not mean your's is faster! :dribble:

Maybe I can catch the next weekend ride as I really would like to meet you guys! Be safe, have fun, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-Random

How do I find a gig that allows me to ride with you guys? :angry: I am either working, or the weather sux every time I see a ride come up!
I still have not had a chance to meet many of you folks.... although I did get to meet Motoswat briefly while he was working the other night.

and No.... Moto.... just cause you took your tag cover off, does not mean your's is faster! :dribble:

Maybe I can catch the next weekend ride as I really would like to meet you guys! Be safe, have fun, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-Random
Just become a cop w/ crap for off-days. it will work out.

Did I say my bike was faster? I'm sorry...I have no recollection of that :rolleyes: :coolsmiley:

:coolsmiley:
I see you found the cop sunglasses smiley :p

How about we do this. Since people are gonna travel for a few days and may not have access.

2 meeting places and times

Since we have at least 3 Bham area folks so far.

1st meet: 9 am at the Chevron off the 20 interstate ramp that goes to Barbers.

2nd meet: We'll hook up with Scab and anyone comming from the other direction at 10 at the Quintard Mall in Oxford. Local at the mall over by the Sears Service Center. Scab, This is the place we met up once before, right? The mall is about 7 blocks off the interstate on the right. If you are traveling E. turn Left back under the interstate go approx 7 blocks. If going west. don't follow the East instructions. :p

Scab. do you have an exit # or better directions?

It's exit 185. There is the new mall at exit 188 (Golden Springs). It's a little closer to Scab and is right off the interstate. Your call.

This'll be good. It's actually the first board related ride I've ever been able to make. If this turns me into a human; I'm gonna be pissed.
Don't worry. Hasn't helped Kevin, has it?

-Random
We usually end up riding when the weather sux. It's either raining or 14 degrees.

Okay, lets do the 10:00 am Oxford meeting at the Quintard Mall. Intersection of hwy's 78 & 21 (exit 185 off I-20, then north on 21 for about 2 rock-throws) Parking lot of JCPenny, hwy 78 side.

you alls should plan on gathering at Dales in Suches, sometime during your ride on thursday,,,, the weather looks real good, so there probably will be several hundred bikes come and go at Dales during the day.... having myself been there 49 times in the last year, i have a good idea....

those not familiar, Dales is a gas station/food store ,,,, and now has started serving lunch and dinner on most days,,,, plus the manager is super 'biker friendly'...

it also it the ONLY place in town, literally [except for the post office] ...T.W.O. is now closed

at the junction of 2 of the best roads anywhere around,hwy 60 and wolf pen gap road,,

and the BEST meeting place for real motorcyclists [ not many harleys can make it up the mountian !]

Me and my shiny silver 03 fjeer will be there for lunch [$4.50.....all you can eat]..and in and out all day.........go for a ride , come back and shoot the shit,,go for another ride , come back and talk shit, repeat,repeat,,,

Hope to meet some new riders, fjrs or not

Jonathan

;)

You guys have fun!

I would like to ride down that way sometime and see the cheaha thing i hear so much about! :)

Mt.gif

I got curious about this ride and looked it up with streets and trips map.

281 looks like a nice curvy road, I used to live in Carrollton Ga. so I could stay with friends and ride this when I have some time. Riding through the national forest would be nice.

Any other roads recommended in this area??

This is a three hour ride for me to get there, a good full days ride roundtrip in the springtime.

281 looks like a nice curvy road, I used to live in Carrollton Ga. so I could stay with friends and ride this when I have some time. Riding through the national forest would be nice.
Any other roads recommended in this area??

This is a three hour ride for me to get there, a good full days ride roundtrip in the springtime.
281 topcoat is crap munford side, but it is a nice curvy road. sweeper on top side

49 would be a must do.