decent price?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackfox

Reaction score
Was quoted $12,119 OTD @ Honda East in Columbus OH for an 08 FJR1300A. That's without TTL and no extended warranty (they want $670 for 4yrs). This looks like a decent price but are these dependable people and if not, where's the better place to pickup my first FJR? I'm in Texas.

Was quoted $12,119 OTD @ Honda East in Columbus OH for an 08 FJR1300A. That's without TTL and no extended warranty (they want $670 for 4yrs). This looks like a decent price but are these dependable people and if not, where's the better place to pickup my first FJR? I'm in Texas.
Usually OTD means TTL is included. That is supposed to be the TOTAL price for the bike with everything paid for, so you may wanna double check. If you do a search, most people here purchase their YES warranty from D&H Cycle in Culman Alabama. I don't think their price of $384 has been beat by anyone. Even if you have to add TTL to that bike, it doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Also, if you are in Texas and willing to go to Ohio, I would suggest calling Deming Cycle in Deming NM. It may be closer and they quoted my brother a price of 12.5 OTD including TTL for an 08-A. Also, again, if you are willing to travel, it sounds like D&H cannot be beat for their prices or service. I have only dealt with them over the phone, but they have been great.

Thanks much for the info and I'll give alabam a call. The Ohio dealer did tell me that their price was w/o TTL, but I kinda figured I'd take care of that in TX. Might have some 'splainin' to do, though, if I got stopped for one of those drivin' awards........ :blink:

OTD does not include local costs - OTD means the amount of money your DEALER wants to make it available to you 'out the door'. From there you add in taxes, titlea and license costs, because those vary by juriosdiction.

Otherwise there'd be no point in quoting the OTD price to anyone who doesn't happen to live in the dealer's home state or in some cases, the buyer's city or town. Plus, there could be registration costs associated with liens and so on.

So OTD is amount paid for the machine itself, alone without any jurisdictional amounts included..

I've always wondered about the point of telling someone what yoyur invoice total is when he may have state taxes, local tag costs and other 'non standard' charges.

Last edited by a moderator:
OTD does not include local costs - OTD means the amount of money your DEALER wants to make it available to you 'out the door'. From there you add in taxes, titlea and license costs, because those vary by juriosdiction.
Otherwise there'd be no point in quoting the OTD price to anyone who doesn't happen to live in the dealer's home state or in some cases, the buyer's city or town. Plus, there could be registration costs associated with liens and so on.

So OTD is amount paid for the machine itself, alone without any jurisdictional amounts included..

I've always wondered about the point of telling someone what yoyur invoice total is when he may have state taxes, local tag costs and other 'non standard' charges.
Yeah, that's pretty much the story I've gotten. Couldn't see how they'd be collecting TTL for Texas anyway. Thanks for the post -

Yeah, that's pretty much the story I've gotten. Couldn't see how they'd be collecting TTL for Texas anyway. Thanks for the post -