DFW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohan

Reaction score
Trying to get a few routes for a leisure Saturday/Sunday. All i have tried is FM455 North of 380 Hwy.

Trying to get a few routes for a leisure Saturday/Sunday. All i have tried is FM455 North of 380 Hwy.
Mohan, sorry I've missed the chance to welcome you. My name is Marcos and welcome to the forum/area/FJR (whichever may be applicable).

Not sure exactly where you'll be departing from, but I like this route NW of the metroplex:

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...454315&z=10

There are several other good places depending on where you want to ride or how much time you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mohan, sorry I've missed the chance to welcome you. My name is Marcos and welcome to the forum/area/FJR (whichever may be applicable).

Not sure exactly where you'll be departing from, but I like this route NW of the metroplex:

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...454315&z=10

There are several other good places depending on where you want to ride or how much time you have.
Hello - Iam from the Frisco Area - I have done some of what you have listed, but will try to follow the same route you sent me one of these weekends. Any other routes around the metro? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of decent riding to/from/around Muenster. You can catch sight of what's left of the WW2 POW camps, too.

Out near Possum Kingdom Lake is also a nice wander. You can head S from there along Fm4 and then hit some of the secondaries S of I20 (FM1715, 1189, 2510, etc.).

if you're willing to ride a little farther south, speak up. There's some good stuff on the way to Hiko, too.

Lots of decent riding to/from/around Muenster. You can catch sight of what's left of the WW2 POW camps, too_Out near Possum Kingdom Lake is also a nice wander. You can head S from there along Fm4 and then hit some of the secondaries S of I20 (FM1715, 1189, 2510, etc.).

if you're willing to ride a little farther south, speak up. There's some good stuff on the way to Hiko, too.

Hey wanted to chime in there too... in Coppell and would love to join in on a weekend day excursion. Need to get some new treads on first (bt-021 in front is just about bald), but will look for this thread and the fellow riders in the great dfw area.

Glad to hear others talk about the roads near us, looking forward to it.

regards,