Did I see a gps mount on the brake or clutch?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
It seems like I saw one but I can't find it. I know Skyway has the xm mount. The UPS man brought me my 2820 today so its time to figure out the mount. Although it does look like most of you have gone the stem mount route.

Stem Stand on the center nut, or off the brake / clutch control lever bracket.

Or, you could to a Ram ball mount off the spare mirror mount hole on the left side, next to the clutch fluid reservoir. There's probably some other mounts but those are by far the most popular.

Stem Stand on the center nut, or off the brake / clutch control lever bracket.
Or, you could to a Ram ball mount off the spare mirror mount hole on the left side, next to the clutch fluid reservoir. There's probably some other mounts but those are by far the most popular.
Who makes the stem stand for the center nut? And do the side nuts get jealous?

this is the RAM mount on left grip. It was with a Garmin IIIplus, but now it holds a Garmin 2610.

RAM_mid.jpg

RAM_overview.jpg

I have a complete do-it-yourself gallery on how to do this here:

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/ram

medium.jpg

By the way, I have also mounted RAM balls on clutch and brake reservoirs on my other bike, and I suspect I could put them on this bike using the same method.

medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this link from a friend a few days ago. Don't know the specifics but looks like an easy install. here

Last edited by a moderator: