Disconnect O2 Sensor / How do you do it

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy V

Reaction score
Currently in my garage installing the full Holeshot system..I have removed the O2 sensor from the CAT, but now what..Remove it in tact to where it plugs in under the tank, snip at the bottom and tape or what?

Thanks Randy

Don't have a holeshot system, but you might call them and ask....? If not, I'm sure somebody who owns one will chime in shortly...

NO SNIPPY!! NO SNIPPY!!

Follow the wires... on the right side, just under the tank there is a connector that interfaces the O2 sensor to the ECU. Simply unplug and that's it. If I were you, I would take the O2 sensor out and save it in case of need to revert, then put a cover (electrical tape, etc.) over the connector to keep grime out.

-BD

NO SNIPPY!! NO SNIPPY!!
Follow the wires... on the right side, just under the tank there is a connector that interfaces the O2 sensor to the ECU. Simply unplug and that's it. If I were you, I would take the O2 sensor out and save it in case of need to revert, then put a cover (electrical tape, etc.) over the connector to keep grime out.

-BD

Thanks that makes more since, and it is out..

Thanks again Randy