Do You Use A Tank Bag When Riding Locally?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the cortech tri-bag. Use the smaller one on the tank most of the time. If need to carry a little more switch to the larger bag. And if I need to carry a lot I will use the large bag as a tail bag, in front of my givi 46. Keeps the bike from high speed wobble. Around town the small bag with my Ipod and phone charger will fit in the givi if I'm away from the bike. BTW, never have had a problem with the I pod and the magnets. Have more trouble when Ipod is on handlebar, (too much vibration). JR

Once in a while, I wish I had a small tank bag to throw in extra gloves, an MP3 player, baseball cap, map, and other small stuff. Nothing big, just so I don't have to dismount and reach into the saddlebags for stuff. Which ones do you guys use? Maybe something with a shoulder strap perhaps?
I have a large tank bag for trips on the sport-tourer and a small tank bag for the sport. On trips I need room for, well, everything. On sortes on the sportbike I need room only for the radar detector, phone, etc. Both magnetic and never a problem with GPS, phone, Ipod. I would advise against having something strapped to your body when you ride though. You don't want to slide and roll (just in case)down the asphalt with a bulky bag strapped to your body.

Once in a while, I wish I had a small tank bag to throw in extra gloves, an MP3 player, baseball cap, map, and other small stuff. Nothing big, just so I don't have to dismount and reach into the saddlebags for stuff. Which ones do you guys use? Maybe something with a shoulder strap perhaps?

Yup. The Joe Rocket Manta bag is perfect for that.

Clicky Here.

Chase-Harper magnetic. Have a Battery Tender plug so I can quick disconnect the Autocomm inside the bag, and it holds a ton 'o stuff. I can switch the bag between the FJR and the Super Hawk in a second. Neat! Magnets are really strong too. I put the bag on my workbench just for a second, put it back on the bike, and "CLANG". Oops. It picked up the 23mm combo wrench I had laying out. Note to self - put tools away after use. Also, no tanks were harmed during this Geezer moment...

Best farkle yet...I use the Cortech Super Mini...big enough for a bottle of water, baseball cap, damp rag for cleaning the shield, map, power bar, etc. Small enough to throw in the side bag and lock it up if I need to park and am concerned about theft.