Does anyone elses 06 whistle?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have about 130 miles on mine in the last day and I haven't noticed any whistle on mine. I do here to nice deep exhaust and reduced wind noise when compare to the old FZ6.

Yep. Mine whistles too. Switched helmets..still there...windscreeen up or down...still there. Got a new Shoei RF 1000 today..don't think that will make a diffrence, but wanted a new lid anyway.

The idea of it being air through the vents or around the new mirrors seems likely...

So, yes, let us know if you discover the source.

KM

How about those new vent intakes on each side of the headlight? You could tape them over just to see if it makes a difference.

I would gladly do the testing for you, If I had my bike! :(

I whistle when I ride because I am happy and having fun. Maybe the new 06's are happy and like to be ridden, unlike the the slower 1st generation FJR's. ;)

So lets see... the 06 specific related complaints now include:

1) Software glitch related to instantaneous MPG readout

2) Whistling at midlevel speeds (or is it also higher, and road noise overcomes it?)

Anything else generic? Who is going to be the first person to jump in and do a "Barbarian mod" to fix the MPG readout? Or come up with a way to baffle the airducts to eliminate the deer whistles? Inquiring minds want to know...

Yes, it whistles with the shield up at speed....I can eliminate it by lowering the shield an inch or so. Also try sticking your hand onto the left side of the speedometer housing when you hear the whistle and see if it goes away.

I just put another 140 miles on the bike this morning and I couldn't get any whistle out of the bike at any speed. Windshield up, down, and in the middle. I don't have my bags yet but I don't know if that would affect a whistle that seems to be coming from the front somewhere.

Glad you guys can see the humor in this.

NOT funny - Mine whistles Xsepticly.

Makes an annoying noise like a wing window on a '53 Chevy.

Anytime windshield is half-raised or higher at any speed above 45 mph.

CANNOT belive Yamaha designed a windshield like this and did not test it thoroughly.

OK, yes I can!;-(

Maybe it is worse on mine because I think I have a low number bike (maybe 007?)

How do you tell?

One thing I did notice.

It goes away above 110.

Guess that solves that problem

This su@#%.

Doesn't matter, the tall windshield is dorky anyway, I'll probably only ever use it in rain.

Other than that, I'm in love, least it feels like love, whistle in my ear and I'll...

see my post on "whistle definitely fixed" -

it is very easy to fix in about 5 minutes.

I have to agree though. Obviously - the bike spent some time in the wind tunnel - but everyone must have been wearing good hearing protection !!

Let's see...
Tick.

Clunk.

Whistle.

Did I forget anything? What's next?
Ringing.....on my 06 I'm getting a high pitched ringing around 3,000 to 3400 rpm. It seems to only show up after I have ridden quite a while and the engine is a tad higher temp than the usual 4 bars on the gauge. If I drop below that rpm or go above it...it's gone......really noticeable....even heard it the other day with ear plugs in. Anybody have this scarey noise show up?

27Man, Dave :detective2: