Does Radar work on Bikes? Hell yes...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Jax they were running the Click It or Ticket and they had a few redar trailers around the city. One was located on a highway on my way to work. Most of the time there were other cars around me and with the way people drive here it was flashing (over the speed limit) the speed of the cars. One day there were fewer cars and I went past by my lonesome and the radar did not pick me up. Not too sure how accurate they are either. Drove by a couple with the Blazer in the span of a couple of days and one was faster than speedometer and one was slower.

The board can be set not to display speed unless you are over some pre-set limit. Many can also put on a pretty good light show when you are being bad :lol:

<snip>.....we all know how easy it is to do 60 mph in a curve that has a suggested limit of 35 or 45.
Those are just "suggestions" and intended for cars and not "speed limits".

It would be foolish to tell that to a judge.................I live out in the country where there are numerous curves that have those "suggest speed limits" for a reason..........blind curves with numerous driveways in close proximity. We have numerous accidents (serious and fatal) every couple months.....of which I have also been a victim because some dumbass driver felt his vehicle could take such a curve exceeding the suggest posted speed, fortunately I was not on my bike but in my politically incorrect SUV that saved by butt.

To say that there is one speed for cars and another for motorcycles is assinine at best..........ultimately its a matter of weather you were operating a MOTOR VEHICLE (thats what the statute will say) with due caution and circumspect.

The majority of accidents are avoidable.....regardless as to whose fault it is.......cyclist should expect the unexpected and drive accordingly.

As one of the other members said.......I too would personally take the money and spend it on other farkles.

NC_Yank

<snip>To say that there is one speed for cars and another for motorcycles is assinine at best..........
Chill.....Dude -- I hope you don't take out your rage on the road?
I was not on my bike but in my politically incorrect SUV that saved by butt.
Figures....The fact remains that suggested speed guides on curves are just that, "suggested" for the mainsteam traffic -- in effect: to tell road users the relative difficulty of the curve ahead. Speed is relative. If you think that rules apply across the board (ie: cars, m/cs, semis, ?) then I pity you, especially your motorcycling.

Let me know when you go out again in that SUV, okay?

<snip>To say that there is one speed for cars and another for motorcycles is assinine at best..........
Chill.....Dude -- I hope you don't take out your rage on the road?
I was not on my bike but in my politically incorrect SUV that saved by butt.
Figures....The fact remains that suggested speed guides on curves are just that, "suggested" for the mainsteam traffic -- in effect: to tell road users the relative difficulty of the curve ahead. Speed is relative. If you think that rules apply across the board (ie: cars, m/cs, semis, ?) then I pity you, especially your motorcycling.

Let me know when you go out again in that SUV, okay?
LOL,

No need to chill, I can actually make a statement without putting the emotion you think is behind such.

Its just a fact......whatever the posted speed limit might be....goes across the board, traffic laws are not relative as you may think. While I do think that most road designers are drunk or on drugs when they are doing their planning........those posted limits do take into account not only the radius of the curve but what is behind the curve as you come out of it...........if you can not grasp that concept then I suspect that you life expectancy around such curves will diminish drastically as long as you think that your speed is relative based upon the vehicle you are in and your experience. I have investigated thousands of accidents, many of them serious and some with fatalities.......they too thought the same thing. :(

In reference to the SUV comment........let me guess.....you have a Yugo. :p

I love my Avalanche, its very versatile for my business.....why I even used it to pick up my FJR while passing through Kentucky. I am going back and forth this morning on which to take.......FJR or the Avalanche.......if I could figure out how to get the FJR to haul a bunch of lumber and still get 47mph then life would be could.

And while I am at it.....let me continue to be a little more politically incorrect........I think every law abiding citizen should be armed at all times.....it would cut down on need for prisons...........granted, the cemetary business would go up initially but that's ok..........I am always looking at ways to use some of the real estate that I have that doesnt perk. :yahoo: