Does this look like $9K worth of damage to you?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its an 04 with less than 4k on the clock. If they total it, you aint gonna miss it.

And Brundog, when did you move to TX? :p

I feel your pain. My 04 was recently damaged. It got hit right at the left staintune and basically all the left side bodywork, the rear cowl, luggage rack and left pannier need replacing. With a $5500 estimate, the Ins has already told me they want to total it. I rode it almost 600 miles back to LA and it rides perfect, In fact even with the damage I thought "Wow, what a great bike" It's amazing how much the parts are to fix these things up. A couple of years and 25K ago, I used University motors after alittle spill on the freeway, guess they aren't a option anymore.

So, What is the salvage value of an 04. I really wanted to keep it for 100k and at this point I really don't care if it has a salvage title anymore. We've had alot of good miles and trips and although I would get another 04 to replace it, I really don't want to pull off the suspension and brake lines and rotors and rewire it for the starcom and the fuse block and powerlets and hope it's not a ticker and...

FJRwreck016.jpg

FJRwreck013.jpg

This was mine after my wreck. 6K +/- and that included a broken frame replacement.

I wish they had totaled it because its still not fixed pushing 6 months later with no news in sight
Is this the bike I saw in the D&H service bay? What's taking so long?

Yep, That was my bike you saw at D&H.

They are too busy selling new bikes to work on old ones, as the story goes

Yep, That was my bike you saw at D&H.
They are too busy selling new bikes to work on old ones, as the story goes
That's exactly why I think this estimate is so high, they really don't want to be bothered with it. Here in Killeen/Fort Hood Texas, all the bike dealers are selling like crazy and just don't want to waste time on service or repair. My Harley Ultra sat in the shop for 2 months for a bad speedo cuz they couldn't get new bikes assembled and prepped fast enough.

Still waiting for final confirmation but I already know the answer :( .

Nice pic of the Gage. Had breakfast there Memorial Day weekend.
We always make the Gage our first night stay during our annual Big Bend pilgrimage. After a little over 400 miles, we welcome a cold one and nice steak at Cafe Cenizo (expensive but always good!). That place has some real interesting history.