Does Y.E.S cover top box

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadstar

Reaction score
I was doing a little look around on my 07 FJR & was looking at the bottom of the top box (factory box) & noticed a piece was broken off right next to the locking tab that locks it to the bottom plate (just about right under the metal plate). I never carry anything heavy in it (last time it was just my Motorport jacket) :angry2:

I was doing a little look around on my 07 FJR & was looking at the bottom of the top box (factory box) & noticed a piece was broken off right next to the locking tab that locks it to the bottom plate (just about right under the metal plate). I never carry anything heavy in it (last time it was just my Motorport jacket) :angry2:
Mine was covered when I noticed damage after buying it used, but under warranty.

I do remember some threads on broken OEM boxes and them being covered. Go to a search engine of your choice and copy and paste this in

Yamaha top box site:fjrforum.com

You should get a bit of reading.

I do think with YES and a good dealer you will get it squared away. However your always gonna hear you overloaded it even though you did not.

No help to you but on my '10 I ordered a top box, read the horror story's/issues here, and canceled it and went with a Givi. Even with the Givi rack and box it was cheaper than OEM and to me is a hell of a lot nicer.

YES does not apply to add-on accessories. For example, if you added OEM heated grips they would be covered only by the basic 90 day warranty they offer on such items.

Having said that, there was a recall on top boxes in July 2007 to add some sort of reinforcing plate and it may well apply to yours . . . .

Good Luck

I will hopfully find out something this friday , but then again this is the same dealer that told me the bike was fully serviced & only changed the oil <_<

Yes yes yes....yes the top box is covered!!! I just had mine replaced in Oct by my dealer under the Yes program. My Bike a 2006 abs had 30k and 4 years on her!!!

Yes yes yes....yes the top box is covered!!! I just had mine replaced in Oct by my dealer under the Yes program. My Bike a 2006 abs had 30k and 4 years on her!!!
well you are exactly right, as I walked into service & showed him my problem. He just ask for vin and ordered me a new box. He also asked if I received in the mail about the revised metal plate? ?? For the bottom of box. He said when he recieves the new box, he will transfer the lock & backrest for me & make sure it fits snug or bike.

well you are exactly right, as I walked into service & showed him my problem. He just ask for vin and ordered me a new box. He also asked if I received in the mail about the revised metal plate? ?? For the bottom of box. He said when he recieves the new box, he will transfer the lock & backrest for me & make sure it fits snug or bike.
The metal plates really make this top case rock solid on the back. Your really going to like it once it is done.

I hope so, or i`ll have to buy something else. (Givi or Shad)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thumbs up for Y.E.S. I went to my local Yamaha dealer & recieved my new trunk :yahoo: so if you have the extended plan IT`S COVERED. Buy the way, i noticed the bottom of the box has rubber pads on the bottom plate (mine didn`t have them) & also where the front slips into the plastic plate (bolted to the tail) also had a rubber bumper setup , so the top box is real tight on the bike now. (if your missing these rubber pieces, i`d go to the dealer & get them).

Just a side note to other Canadian riders.

Yamaha's YCC (the very overpriced Canadian version of YES) absolutely does NOT cover anything that wasn't on the bike when it came out of the crate.

Last month I got the news that they would NOT cover my right side OEM heated grip or anything else I put on the machine beyond the basic 90 day warranty that comes with accessories - and even then, only the parts and not the labour.

The stupid Canadian plan costs $1400 (that's like 5 grand in US money these days:)) for 4 extra years - you can;t get much discount on it (and YES can't be purchased) and YCC doesn't provide roadside assistance or cover travel delays the way the YES plan does - I managed to profit from my plan because they replaced a couple of headlight reflectors, did my fork seals and rebuilt my front calipers and final drive which was leaking and changed my rear shock (I have a GREAT dealer). But they drew the line at replacing the grip.

My plan expired May 1 . . . .

If anyone has a working right side OEM heated grip from a scrapped AE or late A model and wants a reasonable amount of money for it, please let me know