Doing a Fly and Rent, Which Bike should I Rent?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have flown and rented a Gold Wing 2 times. If your looking for storage and comfort it can't be beat. As for handling it does quite well, better than most people think. I kept up with the FJR boys just fine in the hills around LaCrosse at CFO last fall and enjoyed the long back to Mn via Copper Harbor. I do remove my visor behind the huge windscreen. (great for rain riding). I put 2,550 miles on it in 6 days
If your looking for great handling with moderate storage then the BMW 1200 RT. At 5'7" on a good day I find the Beemers a bit tall but they can really handle in the twistys.

Whatever you get, buy the BEST extra insurance they offer. Much cheaper than if something happens, cause they will soak you for repairs which I think you have to pay for and battle out with your own ins co. The rental place will have your credit card info and "you ain't leaving town without paying." Good luck!
Yeah my insurance agent got back to me today and indicated that unlike cars my motorcycle plan does not cover rentals or test drives. My insurance is through State Farm in case anyone is interested.

Hi There

Myself and 3 buddies are going to Palm April 21 to 28

Renting bikes for 7 days

Who were you going to rent the RT thru

I checked with Eagle Riders and they have it on the web but when I called them they said they did not have any.

So I went with the Wing

Please let me know how your ride goes and where you went

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi There
Myself and 3 buddies are going to Palm April 21 to 28

Renting bikes for 7 days

Who were you going to rent the RT thru

I checked with Eagle Riders and they have it on the web but when I called them they said they did not have any.

So I went with the Wing

Please let me know how your ride goes and where you went

Thanks
Ahh, another wingnut.

Put 2,550 on this bad boy last fall with a stop at CFO.

On the eastern shores of Lake Michigan.

IMG_0178.jpg

And Lake Superior

IMG_0376.jpg