Dolly Rear Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed the company and they said it will lift my '06.https://www.ebay.com/itm/391048548846?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Has anyone used one of these?

I'm trying to avoid getting the FJR on center stand on anything higher than ground level, or running up a ramp like Harbor Freight.

Cheers,

Bill
My opinion is that it is highly unlikely that this stand will work on any FJR.

The difference in size between the shaft side and the brake side of the swingarm make this type lift a non starter in my opinion.

I have a Pit Bull rear lift and there is no way to use it on a FJR.

Maybe with the adapters it could work watching the video...

Last edited by a moderator:
I measured the different heights of the two sides. They aren't equal.

I saw a video of a rider moving his BMW. He laid down heavy gauge trash bags on his garage floor. He got the beemer on the center stand on top of furniture moving sliders. He twirled the beemer around.

I'm looking for a solution that doesn't need me to raise the FJR on something higher than ground level. We'll see.

Bill

What's wrong with using the centerstand higher? Are you talking about removing the rear wheel and needing more clearance than the centerstand gives you? It's a harder lift, but a short 2x4 or 2x6 under the centerstand gets you where you need to be, and from there you can also lift the front of the bike with a scissor jack under the headers to get the front end up.

DSC_0003.jpg

What's wrong with using the centerstand higher? Are you talking about removing the rear wheel and needing more clearance than the centerstand gives you? It's a harder lift, but a short 2x4 or 2x6 under the centerstand gets you where you need to be, and from there you can also lift the front of the bike with a scissor jack under the headers to get the front end up.
DSC_0003.jpg
No need for a harder lift. Just place a piece of wood, equal in thickness to the piece you intend to put under the centre stand, roll the bike up on to it and then pop a piece of wood under the centre stand and voila.............

I use an ATV lift with the rubber pads on mine......

Rubber pads under the pipes, holds it sturdy and you can get it up pretty high for front and rear tire removal.

I would never roll the bike around the garage with this thing, and I keep ratchet straps on the front and rear to ceiling

eye hooks, to keep it from rocking forward and back - that way when I remove a wheel it doesn't want to teeter on me.

0000000036060.jpg

Another alternative is to remove the front wheel and drop the forks down onto blocks. Make sure you tie off the center stand to the front of the bike to prevent it rolling forward off the stand.

I'm trying to park, rotate 180 degrees, drive away on the next ride. Next time I need a tire change I'll look up these photos though.

Bill

Not mine, just a pic from ebay.

Mine is hanging up in the garage at the moment.

%24_1.JPG

It's called a spinner, from an Aussie company, can easily ride on, pull a pin, rotate the bike & ride off.

Pull the center pin and you can move the bike around in the garage,

The wheel base is adjustable, so is the center stand pad.

Could easily move the FJR with very little effort

It was invaluable when I was recuperating from a DVT in the leg.

Check out eBay or Google

Just Google "Motorcycle Dolly." Probably 5 or 6 good options show up. Should have said what you needed in the first place.

"Has anyone used one of these?" There's an eBay auction on a lift that can turn a bike around. Shoulda said it twice.

I have something like that, a German made TeleFix. I don't want to raise the FJR on the center stand with that underneath it. I have room, so I don't always have to get up against the wall, but I need to get turned around to drive out!