DRL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaume

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a piece.

I want to install in my bike, the turn signals that comes in the Canada version (I think that is in this version). This signals have the turn bulb, but it does the DRL funcion too (Day Running Lights).

I saw these in youtube (

)Can someone help me wuth the part number, or the chematics for this version??

Thanks

Wow, that was one exciting video.

And if your turn signals aren't on with the key, then:

A. The blue wire is disconnected from the assembly.

B. Bulb is burnt out. Bulbs are dual-filament, low intensity for running lights and high intensity for turn signals.

C. Douchebag previous owner replaced factory lights with some kind of aftermarket junk that doesn't work right.

It's late in the day, but it's Friday!!!!!!

And exactly what was it that we were supposed to get out of that video? And why the &%^$ did anybody bother posting it in the first place?

Edit: Oops, I just saw you were in Spain, so I can't answer if the lights work the same there. Here, all the lights except turn signals and headlights come on with the key, and the headlights come on once the engine is running. If yours isn't made that way I'm not sure what it would take to adapt it. Strangely enough, I have a wiring diagram for a 2001 European model and it has running lights, although the wire color is different from what I said above. I believe those are in the corners of the headlamp assembly, though, not the turn signal. To make your turn signals do that, you'd have to replace the lamp assembly with one that uses a dual-filament bulb, wire the high-intensity filament to the existing turn circuit, and wire the low-intensity filament to the same circuit that runs the front running lights.

But the video was still boring. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The link isn't working for me so I'm "flying blind" here.

Are the turn signals mounted on a "stalk"? If so, those are the North American '03/Euro '01-'02.

One assumes you could "snip" the running light wire on yours...or unplug them. The Newer versions of the FJR (N.A. '04/Euro '03) and later have the signals molded into the fairing.

I think he's wanting to add running lights to his turn signals, the way they work here on North American bikes. Apparently the European bikes don't do that, the turn signal are only turn signals. We'll have to wait till tomorrow for a response, though, as it's wee hours where he is.

My bulb is single filament. In the europan version, the turn signals are only turn signals...

Then, my idea is to mount the pieces of an American version, but I don't knoy wich part number does they have...

The bulb, is not a problem, the problem is the connector, for the bulb.

This what you are looking for ?

https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4

It not only auto-cancels the turn signals but it makes them stay steady ON when running. You can set the intensity also on the later models, see the part about running light conversion. (at least it works that way on my beemer, and that's how it's described on the site)

Last edited by a moderator:
Double check but I think you want the "Signal Minder SM-3" for the FJR

It does what you want plus a bunch of other stuff with the brake light also.

According to there website, you want the SM-3/ That's the one you have linked to.

Years: 2004 - 2008

signalMinder Programmable turn signal cancellation SM-3