Dunlop has discontinued the D220

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iliveforcurves

Reaction score
I have been using D220's for the last couple of tire changes and tried to get some new ones at my local dealer but he couldn't get any. I found a set by mail order and snatched them up. If you are thinking about getting some you better hurry before they're all gone.

Brian

Wow, that's too bad. I just spooned on my first ever set of D220s a few weeks ago, and they are absolutely amazing. Incredible grip that is completely confidence inspiring. I am assuming their life won't be so good, but boy-O-boy, do they love to carve the corners.

Have not received yet, so can't comment on date code, but just ordered a set of D220's from www.bobscycle.com for $155. Put them in the cart and enter DUN220 in coupon code area to get $149.95 w/ free shipping. They got me on sales tax for some reason (Minn to Swissconsin). Limited to "stock on hand", so no idea what is available. For those concerned about the "bakelite" factor, will post date when I get them.

4200 miles and the rear was showing steel... Great rear tire, Sucky front though due to cupping.

Watch that rear tire skoot... There will be no warning before you on cords.

They can't be all that old as the D220 models are not all that old. And you apparently still can order them so they appear to still have some stock.

Man, first they kill the D205 (loved that tire on my FJ) and now the 220. Lot of FJ guys love the 220 for its stickiness, but didn't get great mileage out of them.

Wow, that's too bad. I just spooned on my first ever set of D220s a few weeks ago, and they are absolutely amazing. Incredible grip that is completely confidence inspiring. I am assuming their life won't be so good, but boy-O-boy, do they love to carve the corners.
Do they still make 208's? If you like a 220 you'll LOVE 208's. Had to put a set on a previous bike cause that's all they had. They were so sticky I almost didn't need to use the kickstand...

Of course they only lasted 1800 miles.

The SV came with D220s. The rear was done at 6600 miles and the front was still decent. They stuck good enough for a ST tire but I wasn't impressed with the wet/cold weather traction.

Just one person's experience, but I've probably tried ten or so different sport-touring tires, and nothing had as short a life as a D220. Most full-on sport tires lasted longer.

- Mark

I ran D220's on my old Concours ,,, great mileage ( 14K miles if I remember right ) ,,, good grip....

The Concours was really easy on tires,,, other bikes seem to just eat tires,,,

My CBR ate front tires ,,,,

the FJR seems to be almost as bad on front tires,,,,

the FJR OEM BT021 front tire only lasted 3500 miles,,, but the PR2 seems to be holding up pretty good...

Last edited by a moderator: