Dunlop Roadsmart Street/ST Tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SockMonkey

Makin' Some Noise
Reaction score
As an old fan of Dunlop and <ahem> Continental tires, I'm pleased to see that Dunlop is coming out with a new purpose-built street/sport touring tire, the Roadsmart. According to the language on their site, it'll be available sometime this quarter (meaning May or June...). No info on pricing. Link: Dunlop Motorcycle Tires

Should have been "positive write up". my brain has turned to mush lately from work overload. My only reprieve has been checking in on the forum once in a while.

I'll try em. Because:

If you always do what you've always done,

You'll always get what you always got.

It's not like Dunlop doesn't have much experience with motorcycle tyres.

As I've posted elsewhere, I've always been a big fan of Dunlop tires. I'll try them at my next change, probably in June or July.

Should be just in time to bump up against a fresh rear Strada and Corsa-III front. If the Dunflops can stand the heat of that kitchen then they are definite runners. Mmmmmmm, I love the smell of fresh, experimental rubber!

:)

JeffAshe, what do you send on tires a year? LOL

Is that where this comes from?

ASHE'S LAW #1: Anything that spells FUN, will cost you a little more than you can afford.

ASHE'S LAW #1: Anything that spells FUN, will cost you a little more than you can afford.
I average eight(8), yes eight sets of tires per year. That's at my current average of 33,000 annual miles. You would think that somebody would take pity on my poor soul and give me some kind of $$$ break. But alas, anybody that gets to know me, knows that if you give me something that I think is crap, crap is what I will call it. I've never been short on opinion. Think it's genetic!

As I recall, the inception of Ashe's Law #1 came from my first visit to a topless bar. It just gets reinforced with every tire change.

Posted elsewhere also:

SWMotoTires.com now has Dunflop RoadSmart tires listed. Get 'em before I do and let me know what you think!

:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if they will be as pricey as the PR2s?
I've got a price of $144 rear / $112 front ($256/set) from Tire Express (Link!) (This is ~17% less than their price for the PR2s; $174 rear / $135 front; $309/set). I think that's pretty reasonable...
That's not bad, is 256 shipped or do they charge for that? I just picked up a set of stradas, so if I don't love them, these will probably be next.

Edit* Looked at SW moto.. 248.90 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:

I average eight(8), yes eight sets of tires per year. That's at my current average of 33,000 annual miles. You would think that somebody would take pity on my poor soul and give me some kind of $$$ break. But alas, anybody that gets to know me, knows that if you give me something that I think is crap, crap is what I will call it. I've never been short on opinion. Think it's genetic!

As I recall, the inception of Ashe's Law #1 came from my first visit to a topless bar. It just gets reinforced with every tire change.

Posted elsewhere also:

SWMotoTires.com now has Dunflop RoadSmart tires listed. Get 'em before I do and let me know what you think!

:yahoo:

Daaaaaamn dude....I put about 26,500 miles a year on my '04, and I only use 4 sets a year...what ya doing? Eating them for breakfast??

Jay

'04 FJR 1300

I just finished a 3800 mile trip into Mexico, LA to Gudalajara, and back on a new set of Roadsmart tires. The roads are long and straight for the most part. The pavement is very rough and I thought this would show on the tires. What surprised me was the rear looks fairly normal but the front has a very pronounced flat spot in the center. It doesn't seem to affect the handling and maybe some time on the twisties will even it out. I had about 9200 on the OEM's and did not show the wear I'm seeing on the Roadsmarts. PS: This is not a ride I would recommend. We saw very few bikes on the road. Mexico has a lot of issues.