Dunlop RoadSmart tires available at SWMotoTires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one am really glad you guys are taking the time to test all the varoius brands of tires out there suitable for our platform. Far better and more relavent info than you can get anywhere else IMHO. I'll be needing to replace my current Storms, which I love and wouldn't hesitate to buy again, but I can't rule out something different. Keep testing and writing!

C'mon spring! We've got the heavy melt- freeze snowbank thing going on right now. Ice all over the place every morning. I'll be happy when the temps stay above 32 every night and the roads are cleaned up.

Germany,
Is that the tool used for inserting into the axel? I think I remember some other folks using some type of less expensive way?? Anyone care to chime in??

WW
Yes.

The axle tool is needed by me because I don't have the hex socket necessary to remove the axle.
Or one of these?

Um...nor one of those.

You guys getting an early jump on 'Dogpile Friday' or sumthin? :rolleyes: After all, I did support a well known and well liked vendor of the FJR community.

Because of my propensity to f*ck things up when "improvising", it's best that I have the "correct" tools for the job.

However, I have been hitting the gym lately so I purchased a torque wrench as well. I don't want to risk stripping out any threads with my newly found strength! :bb: :bb: :bb:

Or is there some other cheap way around that too? ;)