Dyna Beads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rack . . .

But while the Dynaballs cost double what the others do, their rationalisation seems better in that they create what would otherwise be called 'static cling' and tend to stay put once they've found their home - it takes some vibration to make them move, where the others freefall and need some time to set up each time the bike starts rolling . . .

I gather that the effect dissipates when the bike is parked -

So about $12 for Dyna Beads, about $35 for Dynaballs . . . . . I may just give them a try on my next tire change.

I do understand how my GPS works.

I called the company and talked with them about the DynaBalls. They offered us 15% off for members of the forum. They guarantee the beads will work or your money back. They were very nice. It is a mom and pop business and they love to talk about their beads.

They cost about 50-60 dollars for two tires depending on the amount needed. I would recommend you call them if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
To understand how dynabeads work you need to understand physics. Kind of like trying to explain how a several hundred ton aircraft can stay in the air.

I don't think any type of liquid would work because it would become contaminated and/ or dry up. Using steel beads (I.e. buckshot), you would be facing possible rust and possible damage to your rim. Dynabeads are made of porcelain, which as mentioned in an earlier post, create a static electricity that helps the beads to stay put.

To help reduce the cost of the beads, I bought two 20oz bags and three applicators. However, because I also installed right-angle stems, it was much easier to set the bead on the tire, then deflate and break the bead in a small area and just drop the beads into the tire that way. The instructions show a metal engraver as a vibrating device to help the beads work their way through the stem.

I also called Michelin concerning the PRII's having no visible markings to show where the stem should line up. They explained to me that the tires are “Near” perfect in balance upon manufacturing. So I just mounted the tires, dropped the beads, pulled off my existing weights and I now have a perfectly smooth ride, no vibration at any speed and handling expected of a machine with the quality of the FJR.

My days of paying some guy $40 per wheel to mount a tire on the rim and balance and then having to put the wheel back on the bike myself are gone forever.

To understand how dynabeads work you need to understand physics. Kind of like trying to explain how a several hundred ton aircraft can stay in the air.
I don't think any type of liquid would work because it would become contaminated and/ or dry up. Using steel beads (I.e. buckshot), you would be facing possible rust and possible damage to your rim. Dynabeads are made of porcelain, which as mentioned in an earlier post, create a static electricity that helps the beads to stay put.

To help reduce the cost of the beads, I bought two 20oz bags and three applicators. However, because I also installed right-angle stems, it was much easier to set the bead on the tire, then deflate and break the bead in a small area and just drop the beads into the tire that way. The instructions show a metal engraver as a vibrating device to help the beads work their way through the stem.

I also called Michelin concerning the PRII's having no visible markings to show where the stem should line up. They explained to me that the tires are “Near” perfect in balance upon manufacturing. So I just mounted the tires, dropped the beads, pulled off my existing weights and I now have a perfectly smooth ride, no vibration at any speed and handling expected of a machine with the quality of the FJR.

My days of paying some guy $40 per wheel to mount a tire on the rim and balance and then having to put the wheel back on the bike myself are gone forever.
Dynaballs are made of stainless steal.

I've been doing some searching on the internet for Dynabeads Car Tires Fitted to Bikes reviews....
The only negative comments I can find are the folks that Have NOT tried them

and are saying that there's no way they can work,,,,

The folks that have tried them seem to be all positive ,,,,

Still sounds like magic / snake oil to me ,, and I still don't know how they work ,,,

But ,, heck there's a lot of stuff I don't know,,,, so I can just add this to the list...
Fixed that for you :rolleyes:

While the chiky was purdy, and the physics were intersting, and the anecdotal

stories are nice, that video pretty much proved to me, beyond a shadow of a

doubt that they work wonders on soda bottles.

HOwever I might just give them a try. Previously - I thought they were just another snake oil type product.

So wouldn't putting 2 ounces of a liquid in the tire do exactly the same thing as 2 ounces of small beads?

OK, I give. What the hell are they?
Dynabeads are small 0.1mm or less ceramic beads. They work on the same principal an engine fluid dampener/crankshaft balancer works on a V8. I used them in my previous bike, m109 , and I tell you it rode like a Cadillac. My father rides a Volusia and has put 20k on it in the last 2yrs. Swears by them. Worth a try.