earbud comparison help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any of these earbud/ headsets offer a mic so the phone function and voice works as well? The Bluetooth options leave a lot to be desired in excluding extraneous outside noise, but allow 2-way communication to an iPhone or GPS. I'd like to find that capability in a noise reducing earbud.
I played with a few configurations.

I was running Android phone/in-line mic (clipped up in the helmet at the chin)/Earbuds.

Ended up going BT, suffering on sound quality for the sake of convienence.

Some of them do now for use with iPhones, etc. and you can buy short cords with a mic to adapt the ones that don't, HOWEVER, all these are NOT meant for use on a motorcycle or other windy environments. Which means while the in-ear monitors (or earphones) block wind and road noise for you, the person on the other end of the line will hear nothing but noise. (ear buds, btw, is the term for the useless things that hang outside of your ear canal and don't block any noise and usually just fall out).

I, and I know others on this board, use a motorcycle specific audio system including a noise canceling mic, but incorporate in-ear monitors into that solution for better audio quality then can be gained with most helmet speakers. I happen to use an Autocom AVI Pro, with a helmet setup that has a noise canceling mic (two actually, one for your mouth and another to sample external noise to actively cancel) but instead of speakers has a mini-stereo jack to plug in the monitors. It means I have to plug in twice (helmet to bike, monitors to helmet) which is a pain, but was the only thing I could find that would meet my audio criteria.