Eastern Beaver Harnesses - FJR Specific

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
I had asked if he could make a harness with the positive bat lead longer than the neg. Currently they come back-ass-wards for our bikes.

He is adding that option online now :clapping:

I had asked if he could make a harness with the positive bat lead longer than the neg. Currently they come back-ass-wards for our bikes.

He is adding that option online now :clapping:
I love his harnesses, they are a thing of beauty.
Yep. All my harnesses and switches (and PC-8) came from him. Very happy customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tango:

I went with the 60" and ran it up the right side to the battery. Fit like the proverbial glove.

I had asked if he could make a harness with the positive bat lead longer than the neg. Currently they come back-ass-wards for our bikes.He is adding that option online now
Tango:I went with the 60" and ran it up the right side to the battery. Fit like the proverbial glove.
Did you have the back-ass-wards version? If so, how did you modify it to make it fit? Also, the 60 inch version I have appears to be a bit short with the PC-8 situated under the pillion seat when pushed to the back. Yours pushed to the back? Where did you put your relay?

I've thought about splicing wires to make it fit but not sure if this is wise. Seems like a possible point of failure. What do you think?

He is adding that option online now
Tango:

I went with the 60" and ran it up the right side to the battery. Fit like the proverbial glove.
Did you have the back-ass-wards version? If so, how did you modify it to make it fit? Also, the 60 inch version I have appears to be a bit short with the PC-8 situated under the pillion seat when pushed to the back. Yours pushed to the back? Where did you put your relay?

I've thought about splicing wires to make it fit but not sure if this is wise. Seems like a possible point of failure. What do you think?
I have mine under the drivers seat along with my PCIII. Definitely need the 72" to reach under the pillion seat though (or even a little longer depending how far back you want it). I ordered mine with equal length leads for the reason you have mentioned and just made a loop in the one lead to the rear terminal because I did not feel like cutting it. Stuffed the relay into the open space in front of the battery in the fairing and tapped the windshield retract connection to power it.
Splicing is OK in this case if done correctly IMO (soldered and shrink tubing a must).

Finally installed my PC-8 block tonight (sort of). Used the bracket for under the pillion seat that I found on the forum. Ordered the 72" long harness - yes it is a beautiful. Yes my positive and neg battery leads were in the wrong order. I just put a loop in the ground and it fit. Getting the relay and everything bundled up was a pain - not as big a pain at the flipping positive battery terminal (screw doesn't reach the nut). Routed the harness along the right side of the bike and didn't even have to lift the tank. Just patience and a bit of threading and it went right in. The only thing I have not done yet is to tap the switched circuit. I stopped as I had to get some other stuff done and that looked like I would have to remove more tupperware. I buttoned it all up and it is ok to ride until I get another block of time. I bought the eastern beaver stuff last year about this time it have been sitting on a shelf. I just now started to add some powered farkles that required additional capacity. First time I had that much plastic off.

Joe

Installed my fuseblock. I mounted it the same way several did using the bracket under the pillion seat. I placed longest dimension of the block horizontally on the bracket. I offset so I could anchor the power leads on the bracket with a cable tie. Now after actually connecting some devices to it I might try to change its orientation. Mounted the way I did the ground ports on the bottom are a blind feed. If you rotated the block 90 degrees - don't know if it will fit the ports would be equally accessible. These are things I would like to do but probably won't everything is wired and running on the bike - if it ain't broke don't fix it. Thought I would put a note out here for the next person that wires something up.

Is there a forum discount code for easterbeaver? Getting ready to make a purchase
Eastern Beaver products are quality works of art - a bargain even without a discount. They are as close to plug & play as you can get, durable and easy to add items to. I ordered a PC-8 & harness for my Wingabago a couple years ago and it was delivered in 3-4 days.

You won't be disappointed,

Trying to decide which one of these to buy. I have had the Blue Seas Fuse Block on my last FJR and liked it. Had a Centech on a couple of my BMW's and had the FuzeBlock on my KTM. I actually liked all of them. I have heard that the FuzeBlock is not rated very high to where you can wear all your heated clothing and have them all on at the same time? Considering the PC-8 this time since I have had all the others it seems. Why did all of you choose the PC-8 over the others? Just doing some research right now and hoping to buy something early next week. So tell me why the PC-8 is better than the rest...

Trying to decide which one of these to buy. I have had the Blue Seas Fuse Block on my last FJR and liked it. Had a Centech on a couple of my BMW's and had the FuzeBlock on my KTM. I actually liked all of them. I have heard that the FuzeBlock is not rated very high to where you can wear all your heated clothing and have them all on at the same time? Considering the PC-8 this time since I have had all the others it seems. Why did all of you choose the PC-8 over the others? Just doing some research right now and hoping to buy something early next week. So tell me why the PC-8 is better than the rest...
Is it better can be an objective as well as subjective opinion. For me, Jim has a great reputation for quality number one, great customer service and his "sales pitch" on the PC-8 on the site made sense and it's features fit my needs perfectly. Since I needed to get harnesses, switches, connectors, etc. as well, he provided one stop shopping which made it easy to put my farkle project together.

I have the 30A setup and run 2 sets of aux. lights, heated grips, heated gear and battery tender lead off of it. I'm not sure the bike supplies enough spare watts to utilize the 50A setup.

I am looking at buying the Eastern Beaver PC-8 also. I see Jim has two things on the website that seem FJR 1300 related. From this page: https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html

"NEW- Special extra long Kit for FJR1300. You might want to also order the POS lead longer in Options further down this page. "

I assume this is the 74" kit and the "pos lead longer" is for the battery terminal orientation up on the fairing? Correct? I am no wiring guru so any advice is appreciated.

Here is what I am looking to do for electrical needs.

1. I currently have battery tender pigtail mounted to the battery and run down by the right side fork. I also ran an SAE to dual USB charger up to the handlebars. When I park the bike, I pull that off and hook up the battery tender. When riding, I plug it back in. This is used for my GPS which is a basic cheap Garmin Nuvi. This is the only electrical I have right now besides some LED lights already mounted to the front fender when I bought it.

2. I am looking to keep the dual USB mounted to the handlebar area and run some USB charging capability from there to my tank bag. Needs to be switched so it doesn't drain the battery. (Learned the hard way when I first bought it). I suppose I can clip the SAE cable and wire it to the PC8 or maybe just replace it with another type that I can wire into the PC-8.

3. I would like to better wire the power for the Garmin Nuvi and obviously make it switched. Basically not run it off the USB plug mentioned above. I want to use both of the other USB connections for other devices in the tank bag.

4. I would like to add a poweroutlet and controller for heated gear and mount it on the bike rather than clip it to my belt or jacket.. I have seen a few guys mount a heat controller on that square piece on the left side. That looks pretty trick and cool. but I only see one dial when this is done. I definitely want a dual controller. So... opinion? Other mounting options? I guess a wireless controller is another option. Maybe put some 3M dual lock and stick it somewhere within reach...

5. I also need a power outlet for heated gear for my pillion. This is what started my whole wiring investigations. :) I am not sure the FJR can handle two sets of heated gear at one time. If not, I need her to have heated gloves and vest. She is priority for the heat. I can deal with the cold much better. I don't really like pigtails sticking out from the seat.. but I suppose I can pull it out and tuck it away as needed. Or maybe a Powerlet is better?? Can you wire these to the PC-8? Instructions say to go directly to the battery.

6. Mounting the PC8 in the tail of the bike is the most popular. I already keep a lot of stuff under the seat. Cruze tool kit with some additions, Cycle Pump inflator, spare head light bulbs, and puncture kits. (Yes.. I keep two.. probably need to drop one of them for more room... ) So any other options?

Decisions decisions decisions. This is part of the fun of motorbikes eh?? :)