Electric gloves in Central Florida...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A week or two ago I was pretty amazed at the visual on the national weather report with the numbers over various spots in Florida. Mid- and low 20's! I went out immediately and stocked up on frozen orange juice! I know the OP has made his purchase already, but for anybody else, there are lots of heated grip kits on the market (and on the forum) that are a lot less than OEM. I really like how mine extend the range of temps where I can use my comfortable and touch-sensitive unlined elkhide gloves instead of the bulky winter mitts.

Crash, which dealer do you live nearby? "A couple of yrs ago" has got to be the one near Waterford Lakes?
Yuppers... I'm in Waterford, not far from the Sonny's restaurant.

I would also look into Hippo hands or WaterShed bar covers along with the heated grips, I can wear summer gloves and keep hands warm with the wind and rain off. These are from WaterShed the same ones the Police Motor Officer uses.
I tried this sort of thing on my GSX1100G a while back. I had an issue or two where I took my hands out to fiddle with something in the tankbag, then I couldn't hit the opening well enough to get back to the clutch when I needed to. I'm not real coordinated... So I hadn't seriously considered them. However, they seem to be much better designed these days. I might try some of the hippohands.com ones for $80.

Edit: Or I guess not, as they only do PayPal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing is that most of us guys from Florida grew up in colder climates. Amazing how the blood thins.
LOL +1 on that! I grew up in Michigan but have lived down here longer than anyplace in my life. I know if I moved back north I'd 'acclimate' but I'd just as soon not. My wife is from Delaware and we've talked of moving there or MI again but we always come to the same conclusion; if anything, I'd rather be out west again...

The funny thing is that most of us guys from Florida grew up in colder climates. Amazing how the blood thins.
+1 And once you have had the frostbite... The hands are the first to go.

I didn't even consider "heated gloves" or grips when I got the bike and now?

I want some hand guards and I have heated gloves. But... We are riding in January! :yahoo:

...... and most of my miles are out of state ;)