Electrical connectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee-N-Reno

Reaction score
am in the process of installing LED's in my top case :rolleyes: and want to make a break-out connector for the connector that the tail light cord assembly plugs into. after looking at the wire size not to sure it would hold the extra current from the light strings in the case.

I have looked at several links and parts houses, but they have connectors with the pins turned 90 degrees form what the FJR has. I have even bought a set ( male & female ) found out the hard way of the 90 degree turn.

any help would be helpfull !!!

Lee

Try: https://www.easternbeaver.com

They specialize in motorcycle connectors.

am in the process of installing LED's in my top case :rolleyes: and want to make a break-out connector for the connector that the tail light cord assembly plugs into. after looking at the wire size not to sure it would hold the extra current from the light strings in the case. I have looked at several links and parts houses, but they have connectors with the pins turned 90 degrees form what the FJR has. I have even bought a set ( male & female ) found out the hard way of the 90 degree turn.

any help would be helpfull !!!

Lee

For what it's worth, I've bought all of my wires, connectors, etc at a Marine (the boat kind) supply house. I figured if it's good enough for that environment it'll work for Matilda - and it has so far!