Electrical Issue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading this thread is interesting. I just got through the same thing. Brand new Westco battery wouldn't start the bike.

Mine measured low out of the box. 11v IIRC. Charged it back to 14v and put it in the bike. Then all I got was a buzzing right handlebar when pressing the starter. Charged the old battery and put it back in. Bang...

Westco got me a replacement two days afterward. It's odd to hear about another one with similar behavior.

Yes, also a Westco. As it stands right now the battery appears to be holding a charge after running the bike.

I bet it's a new Virginia state regulation that prohibits the potential use of electrons in Radar Detectors.

:D

One of the worst assumptions you can ever make in troubleshooting is assuming that the new part is always good.

I have a well-used Yuasa that sits on the shelf, connected to a charger. Whenever there is any question about bike electrical, it and a DVM are the first "tools" I pull out.

Good for you Heidi!!! Glad it didn't get any more serious than a battery, even if you are having to do it twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you Heidi!!! Glad it didn't get any more serious than a battery, even if you are having to do it twice.
Thanks, I guess time will tell if there is actually a not-so-good issue that I need to look into.