engine armour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRRRRRR!

Reaction score
Hi all...just bought an '05 FJR1300. Love this bike! It's in great shape but with only 1 nasty scratch on the left side - stator cover. I'd like to replace the cover or at least cover it up until I can find a cover. Does anyone know where I can go about finding a cover (new or used) or find "engine armour" One business in the UK (Bike Johnny.com)used to make it but are now out of business.

HELP!

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
It is likely a boatload cheaper to just order a new stator cover. Those carbon fiber guards look lovely but are expensive if you are only worried about astetics.

It is likely a boatload cheaper to just order a new stator cover. Those carbon fiber guards look lovely but are expensive if you are only worried about astetics.
The CF stator cover BikeJohnny used to make are great, and were cheaper if i remember than a new stator cover. Also, as anyone who's ever replaced the stator will tell you, removing the gasket is a real PITA.

You might try to ask if Jaxxon aka (No One on this forum) might be interested in making these now that Bike Johnny is no longer in business. The great thing about the CF stator cover is that the looks are just a small part of what it does, having this cover can mean the difference b/w walking home or not...

Here is the part# and price of an OEM Stator cover:

Part Number: 3P6-15411-00-00

Description: COVER, CRANKCASE 1

Price: $82.08

Part Number: 5JW-15451-11-00

Description: GASKET, CRANKCASE CO

Price: $11.42

Congrats on the new (to you) Bass Boat Blue Feejer! Best color, I must say.

You might want to consider just looking the other way and ignoring the little scratches on your stator cover. I've got some of them too. As soon as you get it all pristine lookin' again you'll just go and pull a bone headed move (like I did) and forget to put that side stand down one time. By the time you realize your fox paws, it's too late. Sliders will save your tupperware (get some), but the stator cover will still get scuffed up. Oh well... it's just character for a real bike that gets used. These bikes aren't meant to be garage queens, ya know?

As I travel around I find lots of FJR's with the dreaded tell tale scratches. YMMV.

PS - FjRRRR!, does ya happen ta be an ex-pirate by chance, matey? :unsure:

PPS - the FJR in your avatar is the wrong blue.

Thank you all!

As for the scratches, they are difficult to ignore...they are nasty so I need to do something. I'll check in with my local Yamaha dealer.

As for the blue, is this not cobalt blue?

And Fred, I'm not an ex pirate - I am a pirate!

Thanks again everyone.

Tom

Geelong Carbon Craft are just round the corner from my office - Phil is a great guy and a true biking enthusist. Not really relevant to your decision, I guess, but I have their carbon fibre tank protectors on my FJR and FZ1, and on my wife's FZ6. Just gratuitously promoting a local Aussie business.

No commercial affiliation, etc etc. Despite knowing him for many years I still pay full retail for anything I buy from him.

Thank you all! As for the scratches, they are difficult to ignore...they are nasty so I need to do something. I'll check in with my local Yamaha dealer.

As for the blue, is this not cobalt blue?
That is cobalt blue (I think). Which is the color of the 2006 FJR A model. Cobalt is a darker, more muted blue. Our 2005's are Galaxy Blue. It's a bit brighter and a tinge more purpley, hence Bass Boat Blue. ;)

2006 Cobalt Blue:

2006_fjr1300_01.jpg

2005 Galaxy Blue:

9834438_1.jpg

Oh geeze, Tom. And on a Friday no less?

(Pirate is a derogatory term for someone that likes to dress up like a badass on weekends and putt around town on their cruiser bike. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

:p

The CF stator cover BikeJohnny used to make are great, and were cheaper if i remember than a new stator cover.
That is inaccurate info except for the part about the cf covers being great. The CF covers cost way more. I had one, ruined one, was going to replace it & decided to just replace the actual cover itself because of cost difference.

The CF stator cover BikeJohnny used to make are great, and were cheaper if i remember than a new stator cover.
That is inaccurate info except for the part about the cf covers being great. The CF covers cost way more. I had one, ruined one, was going to replace it & decided to just replace the actual cover itself because of cost difference.
I was referring to the price i originally paid for mine at BikeJohnny:

DATE: 9/5/2006

ITEM: YA10-TPT-GEN-20 FJR1300 2001-2006 - TayProTec ROAD Armour - Generator: £ 66.27

The Geelong CF stuff is really nice, but very pricey.

I was referring to the price i originally paid for mine at BikeJohnny:
Also my reference. Exchange rate from UK bucks to US bucks makes fairly large difference... not mentioning shipping from UK to USA.

No doubt they look pretty trick... & the Geelong are shaweet.

I'm not following you. How does the euro exchange rate effect the conversion from UK pounds to US Dollars?

(Pirate is a derogatory term for someone that likes to dress up like a badass on weekends and putt around town on their cruiser bike. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

To paraphrase Sigmund Freud, sometimes a pirate is just a pirate. Why, I be a pirate meself.

SS850021.jpg

It's done. I was at the dealer today and ordered the cover - $101.00 CAN plus gasket. Well worth it.

As for the pirate thing...bet you all wished you had thought about it first. :yahoo:

Tom