Engineers or Mechanics?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Environmental Engineer - develop wastewater treatment systems for mining and petroleum operations. Work in water and sanitation in developing countries. Help develop solid waste management systems for countries that currently just dump their trash and garbage in the streets and floodplains. Developed water treatment for areas with high levels of arsenic in drinking water (in the USA and elsewhere). Most of my recent work has been with mining companies in Africa and solid wastes in Nepal.

kathriverroadtrash10sm2ko6.jpg

Baghmadi River in Nepal. The River is full of sewge as well.

Ron

I'm a Mechanical Engineer. Worked in the Mil/Aerospace electrical connector business, designed swimming pool pumps, lights and filters and currently design retail shelving/storage/display systems. I have worked on my own cars and motorcycles for nearly 40 years.

I am in the plastics industry as a medical device project engineer, started off in manufacturing, then R&D (new product development), now back into operations managing projects from corporate. Plastics Engineer by degree.

Semi-retired bum....in the past I've owned a motorcycle shop fabing racing bikes.....& just last year sold my European auto repair shop.....now starting to design & build some aluminium racing frames, stainless rollbars & cages etc,.... part time... for a can't be named racing operation due to confidentiality agreements... :blink:
Sorry....should I have put down LLB University of Toronto, CET from Seneca Collage & CWB & TSSA certifications?.....guess I missed that.....Oops :eek: ....

Does an Optical engineer count..............................................................OK I'm an Eye Dr. sorry. :D

Glenn

You are the "diagnostics charge" man!?Prolly not your fault ... that system sucks, but it's the american way! Horray.

When people say "how come I got charged an hour, when it only took you a half hour?", I say "I'm fast at my job. If you had a slow guy and it took him two hours, would you want to pay that instead?" That's why the "flat-rate" system exists, and why a good mechanic can make alot of money, but a bad mechanic can't.

Motorcycle mechanic for years, right through college. Motorcycle racer for decades. Engineering education by schooling. Motorcycle dealer for a long time. Engineered and owned race cars, too, for a while. Now I'm a car dealer, and soon to be retired, hopefully...

More time to ride that way!

Dallara

Last edited by a moderator: