EOM questions ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife and I brought the warm weather gear last year but left it in the hotel....by the time we got up into the mtn's both of us were damn near frozen solid and several sympathetic people lended us some warmer gear.

You can bet that this year we will be wearing it or packing it with us, and yes, that will include some gerbings gear as well! I am not repeating that mistake again.

I wore the Gerbing jacket liner under my rain gear the day it rained so hard. Nice and warm :yahoo: sure glad I had it so I could laugh and point at all the cold folks :rolleyes:

Between the rain gear and the layers we stayed pretty warm last year. We did have a bit of an interstate jaunt that took us up to the good roads. OK now that was FKN cold.........

I was looking at packing a turtle neck sweater but what is the neck/fur thingy.....sure would like to have something for the slabbing back home.

ang

what is the neck/fur thingy.....sure would like to have something for the slabbing back home.
ang
Angela, these things are also called a neck tube or neck gaitor. I've seen ones that have extra material that covers the chest... but basic ones are just fuzzy tubes. That's what I use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Between the rain gear and the layers we stayed pretty warm last year. We did have a bit of an interstate jaunt that took us up to the good roads. OK now that was FKN cold.........
I was looking at packing a turtle neck sweater but what is the neck/fur thingy.....sure would like to have something for the slabbing back home.

ang
You can usually find dem in the huntin section at WalMart. Although there they usually only have High-Viz orange or camo...

The easy place to get one since it isn't winter, yet would probably be on Ebay. There are folks on there that actually make them & you can choose the color that you want.

I think that I have an extra one. Do you want me to look for it? & bring it, if so?

Edited to add: I took a quick look over there @ Ebay. Take a look at this gaitor: click here Right up the Mangum alley!

THANK YOU to everyone for your advice:

Now I know what to expect And what to bring with me.

Will have to leave all refreshments at home to make room for cold weather gear. :(

Thanks againJimstan

I just took a peak at the 10 day forecast for Lewisburg... as accurate as it can be this far out. It's looking ideal for my sort of riding taste. Click here to see what I saw. I see no rain forecast & it looks to be high in the 70's. If that is true, might I suggest that everyone wear their winter gear. It's gonna' be chilly in the mornings.

Too bad Florida folk don't know what winter gear is. ;)

It was 30 degrees and misty on Sunday morning last year when I left for home. I'll be nice and warm in my new to me 'stich. (Thanks Smitty)

So I guess that fit you then, eh Cota? Good deal. :yahoo:

I plan on wearing my mesh gear and top it with raingear for the chilly mornings with maybe a warm shirt or sweater under the mesh. If I had to take my 3 season jacket too it would use up a lot of bag space. Maybe if I took out all the armour and swapped between the mesh and 3/4 jacket as the weather dictates. Too many choices...

I guess I'll just watch the weather reports and make a last minute decision based on that.

Got paid to ride today :dance: 50 w/ fog and mist at 7:30 am. I wore my Killi this morning. After duty, I took to the high country. At 2:30 pm was 72 and sunny in Summersville; an hour later, 59 w/ fog and mist on top of Kennison Mtn (Cranberry). Liners would have felt good against the cold and damp. Bring something to stay warm and dry whatever you choose.

Got paid to ride today :dance: 50 w/ fog and mist at 7:30 am. I wore my Killi this morning. After duty, I took to the high country. At 2:30 pm was 72 and sunny in Summersville; an hour later, 59 w/ fog and mist on top of Kennison Mtn (Cranberry). Liners would have felt good against the cold and damp. Bring something to stay warm and dry whatever you choose.
Now, THAT'S a good day!

Waterproof & warm gear, check. ;)

8 days to launch! :D