EOM questions ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's cold weather gear B)
There is a possibility that you will find out.

Down here cold weather gear is wearing a long-sleeve T-shirt under your mesh jacket....

Throw a sweatshirt on over your long-sleeve T, put the windbreaker liner in your mesh and a nylon rain suit to throw over top just in case...should take care of it. Oh yeah, consider how you can keep yer digits warm too.

Frost here in Northern Ontario this morning. Meh, I still ride to work everyday, thats why they call us Frostbacks.

Throw a sweatshirt on over your long-sleeve T, put the windbreaker liner in your mesh and a nylon rain suit to throw over top just in case...should take care of it. Oh yeah, consider how you can keep yer digits warm too.
Agree, cold fingers are painful. And you need some way to keep the wind from blowing down your neck. When it gets really cold I like to wear a hoodie under my jacket and leave the hood down so it bunches up on the back of my neck to seal between the helmet and jacket collar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Down here cold weather gear is wearing a long-sleeve T-shirt under your mesh jacket....

I did all of that last year & was still cold on one of those mornings. If it looks like high for the day in the 70's, I'll be wearing winter gear. Ice, it is possible that you'll need a bit of room under your mesh for layering. Be prepared if this happens.

If the high temps stay in the 70's, I'll prob wear my leathers like last year.

More comfortable on long days, and way safer considering the amount of time out there.

Besides, I managed to lose a few pounds over the summer and maybe the leathers will make me look sexy.

That should make a few people choke on their drinks while reading this.

Yeah, if it's going to be that cool, I guess the mesh gear is out. 3/4 length, 3 season jackets are in.

I did all of that last year & was still cold on one of those mornings. If it looks like high for the day in the 70's, I'll be wearing winter gear. Ice, it is possible that you'll need a bit of room under your mesh for layering. Be prepared if this happens.
I thought that you had a heated vest. That was some of the best money we spent......and also the stator upgrade to run them.

I do have a Gerbings, Grumpy. I didn't bring it thinking that I wouldn't need it. I'll be more prepared this year. Last year I didn't freeze, or anything... but there was a window of uncomfortable time.

No stator upgrade. My jacket is all that I run except for small electronic gadgets. Not needed until I put that extra lighting on that I've been eying.

50's to 70's is perfect riding weather to me.

I will definitely be packing heat though. (Gerbings)

Only thing is with the jacket, pants, and gloves on I need a steping stool to get on the bike. Makes ya feel like the Michelin man. I can stay comfortable down to 30 degrees with it though.

Still would rather wear that than rain gear.

Why all the talk about heated gear?

Lewisburg.jpg

And while ya'll are at it with all the heated gear, don't forget to soak your socks in kerosene.

It'll prevent the ants from crawling up your legs and eating your candy asses! :lol:

Why all the talk about heated gear?
Lewisburg.jpg

When yer azz leaves the pastoral lowlands of the Greenbrier Valley and ascends to the alpine peaks of the high country...you won't have to ask! 50s in the valley translates to 40s on the hill. Canadian air moving in after the remnants of Ike passes by...think October and you'll have it about right.

When yer azz leaves the pastoral lowlands of the Greenbrier Valley and ascends to the alpine peaks of the high country...you won't have to ask! 50s in the valley translates to 40s on the hill. Canadian air moving in after the remnants of Ike passes by...think October and you'll have it about right.

Ha, ha... What do you southern pukes know about Canadian air masses?

It'll be friggen tee shirt weather I tell ya! :unsure:

Well, definitely for the girls...

number-1-dikfore.jpg

Ha, ha... What do you southern pukes know about Canadian air masses?

It'll be friggen tee shirt weather I tell ya! :unsure:

Well, definitely for the girls...

number-1-dikfore.jpg
Fred, I didn't need the insert on that picture to get the point (s)

The Average High Temperature is 71 F with a historical range of 57 F to 84 F

The Average Low Temperature is 50 F with a historical range of 33 F to 63 F

There is a 0% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90°F / 32°C).

(0 days out of 75 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 0

There is a 99% chance of a Warm Day (temperature over 60°F / 16°C).

(74 days out of 75 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 5

There is a 0% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32°F / 0°C).

(0 days out of 75 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 0

[SIZE=12pt]And that's why EOM is scheduled for September![/SIZE] :yahoo: