EOM Riding Down from NE Ohio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHFJR

Reaction score
A group of us are meeting in Dover, Ohio on Thursday morning for the ride down to EOM. We are meeting south of Canton, OH at a Bob Evans resturant of I-77. The Bob Evans is located off Exit 83 in Dover, OH. The resturant is about 9 tenths of a mile off the interstate on the eastside of I-77. We are meeting for breakfast between 8:15 and 8:30. If anyone is interested in joining us for the ride down please let me know.

A group of us are meeting in Dover, Ohio on Thursday morning for the ride down to EOM. We are meeting south of Canton, OH at a Bob Evans resturant of I-77. The Bob Evans is located off Exit 83 in Dover, OH. The resturant is about 9 tenths of a mile off the interstate on the eastside of I-77. We are meeting for breakfast between 8:15 and 8:30. If anyone is interested in joining us for the ride down please let me know.

If I have any cash left after bringing my son to school in Los Angeles.... we're also stopping in Vegas... I'll see you there... wont' know until a day or two before tho... :eek: (

Mary

If I can get the FJR started..... I guess it felt neglected after me not riding it for a month...

Last edited by a moderator:

If I have any cash left after bringing my son to school in Los Angeles.... we're also stopping in Vegas... I'll see you there... wont' know until a day or two before tho... :eek: (

Mary

If I can get the FJR started..... I guess it felt neglected after me not riding it for a month...

Ok, I hope you can join us!

Any route determined yet?
Still have not registered or room reserve yet.

Note profile change...thought i had done it before..... :eek:

The planning has not got further then Bob Evans. LOL We might hit the Blueridge Pkwy on the way down depending on how we're doing on time. Do you think your going to go down?

So far it looks like i shall head on down, checked out the milage straight through and it was a little over 500. Wonder with the parkway added in. Just moved out here a few months ago and do not have alot of milage on buttt so far this year :( . Been through at least some if not all the parkway the last 3 years running, this will make 4 to deals gap at least :D . seen somewhere that the cops are really going to be watching this year along all the good roads down there with all sorts of vehicals.

Whats the ride rate planned, lately been running straight through and then enjoy the roads there, been doing alot of back roads with the Road Runner Mag maps down yonder and sometimes its just fun getting lost.

Ron

So far it looks like i shall head on down, checked out the milage straight through and it was a little over 500. Wonder with the parkway added in. Just moved out here a few months ago and do not have alot of milage on buttt so far this year :( . Been through at least some if not all the parkway the last 3 years running, this will make 4 to deals gap at least :D . seen somewhere that the cops are really going to be watching this year along all the good roads down there with all sorts of vehicals.
Whats the ride rate planned, lately been running straight through and then enjoy the roads there, been doing alot of back roads with the Road Runner Mag maps down yonder and sometimes its just fun getting lost.

Ron
Ron,

Well all I know at this point is that we need to get to the hotel on Thursday evening since we all have rooms there. Personally I doubt we'll be on the Blueridge at all that day. Because I think all of us will have sore butts from the great Yamaha seats, I don't think we'll be looking to extend the length of time in the saddle any more then the 9 to 11 hours it will take to make the straight shot down there. Especially when we'll be in the saddle for the next 4 days straight. I'd like to get down there in time to relax a little bit at the end of the day, cleanup and catch a good meal that night. But thats only me! I guess we'll play it by ear since none of us have ever ridden together (except Rick and I once) or have even meet for that matter. Should be interesting!

How many GPS's are in this group? I have one and I will hopefully have time to enter a route to the hotel. I agree that its a fair distance to Boone, so I too would like to get there and kick back for a few hours. :rolleyes:

How many GPS's are in this group? I have one and I will hopefully have time to enter a route to the hotel. I agree that its a fair distance to Boone, so I too would like to get there and kick back for a few hours. :rolleyes:

GPS here, just got Version 8 update from Garmin

No GPS here, so you guys can lead. I'm also up for getting in early for a good meal & a beer, I'm easy.

I have not ridden that part of the BRP, but looking at the map, it looks to be more direct taking the BRP from Fancy Gap, VA to 421, than 77 to 421 even if the speeds are lower, It don't look like it would add much time, if any. Maybe some locals can help us out with suggestions? Any way you decide, I'm following, I'm always looking for the twisty way to get there. I'm really looking forward to the ride & meeting new friends.

Tom

GPS here when the darn thing wants to lock in :angry: Quest it is. Plenty of twisties down yonder.

Best places I have found for information on roads have been the bike shops.

Problem about locals is they all think you want the cozy flat top and always warning me I don't want to go down that road because of all the twist and turns! Then there is that Dualing Bangos (?) that come to mind.

I don't know if any of you are planning on comming down through Cinci. I live just south and will be taking 27 to lexington and from there it looks like the GPS has lots of twisties planned into Boone!

Let me know if you're comming this way and we'll hook up.

I don't know if any of you are planning on comming down through Cinci. I live just south and will be taking 27 to lexington and from there it looks like the GPS has lots of twisties planned into Boone!
Let me know if you're comming this way and we'll hook up.
Sorry our group will be on 77 heading south, Last one to Boone buys the beer! :D

Problem about locals is they all think you want the cozy flat top and always warning me I don't want to go down that road because of all the twist and turns! Then there is that Dualing Bangos (?) that come to mind.
I was thinking locals from this forum might be able to offer us some help.

A few of us are meeting leaving Lexington Thursday morning for a nice ride down, we plan to travel 421 most of the way. We'll probably hit the road around 930 am.

I do not have the route map, or at least that I can see, however not much to it unless we decide to take a detour or two or three.

We plan on it taking 8+or- hours,

maybe we'll see you all on the way!

Greetings fellow Feej riders. Please be careful & I'll see ya'll in Boone on Thursday afternoon.

Also Tom, I looked at my Blue Ridge Pkwy strip map. It's 77 miles fr/ where you get on the BRP @ Fancy Gap & get off on 421 near Boone.

The 77 to 421 route that we had discussed looks to be 90 miles but high speed.

Guess it's a toss up... BRP definitely hands down a nicer ride. Even w/ the +13 miles, I still think it'd be faster to stay on the interstate to 421.

But seriously, whichever way you come... you guys/gals please be careful & see you when it's time to carve! If on BRP be aware of rangers bearing performance awards.

Heidi

A few of us are meeting leaving Lexington Thursday morning for a nice ride down, we plan to travel 421 most of the way. We'll probably hit the road around 930 am.
I do not have the route map, or at least that I can see, however not much to it unless we decide to take a detour or two or three.

We plan on it taking 8+or- hours,

maybe we'll see you all on the way!

I'll be leaving about 8:00 am and my route has me taking 27 to lexington and then away from the freeway to 15 and some time on 421. I end up going through Hazard KY (Yikes!). One of the guys I work with grew up there and some of the stories!!!

Anyway, Maybe I'll see you along the way.