Euro high beam flasher upgrade?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjc625

Reaction score
I saw a picture of a garage door opener mounted to the left control box. The bike was a Canadian FJR Model and It had an extra button on the back of the housing. The owner described as a high beam flasher. It is a really nice safety feature. I checked the back of my left control housing and saw an empty space with a piece of plastic with a screw. So is it possible for US bike to be upgrade by just adding the flasher button and little of wiring or do I need to buy a complete set of Canadian housing?

IMG_1642_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Factory pieces cost over $250 the last time prices were posted up on the Euro board, :rolleyes:
Is $250 for the entire set up or just the flasher button itself? I just need the button and do the mod within the system.
That was the wiring harness, with factory connectors, switch etc.

You may be able to buy the switch from Canada, maybe our Canadian bro's can check it out for us ??

Are there any Canadian brothers or sisters can check your local Yami dealer for the price and parts number for high beam flasher button assembly alone? I don't need the whole assembly. Just need the flasher button.

Thanks million in advance.

Jim

Are there any Canadian brothers or sisters can check your local Yami dealer for the price and parts number for high beam flasher button assembly alone? I don't need the whole assembly. Just need the flasher button.

Jim

I'll look into that tomorrow - stand by,

cheers from Canuckistan - Bull

P.S. - the trigger finger flasher bigh beam doo-dah isn't a standard feature in Canada. I had one on my last bike before the FJR (Triumph Tiger) - and kinda miss it.

Jim
I have one on my Suzuki V-Strom 650. But I don't notice much difference between the flasher button or just hitting the switch back and forth on the FJR. Not much more of an effort and costs nothing.

Jim

P.S. - the trigger finger flasher bigh beam doo-dah isn't a standard feature in Canada. I had one on my last bike before the FJR (Triumph Tiger) - and kinda miss it.
Thank you so much.

My plan is to use the button to activate a remote garage opener and high beam flasher together. I rode a police BMW for awhile and got used the flasher very much. I miss it really bad. Bull, just in case, could you also check the entire upgrade assembly parts number and cost? I fear cousin Murphy might do some harm for the button alone search quest. <_<

Thanks again

Jim

Jim

Thank you so much.

My plan is to use the button to activate a remote garage opener and high beam flasher together. I rode a police BMW for awhile and got used the flasher very much. I miss it really bad. Bull, just in case, could you also check the entire upgrade assembly parts number and cost? I fear cousin Murphy might do some harm for the button alone search quest. <_<

Thanks again

Jim
How about wiring up the switch to operate a headlight modulator ?? It might be easier ?

Jim

Thank you so much.

Thanks again

Jim
How about wiring up the switch to operate a headlight modulator ?? It might be easier ?
Whats headlight modulator?

I saw a picture of a garage door opener mounted to the left control box. The bike was a Canadian FJR Model and It had an extra button on the back of the housing. The owner described as a high beam flasher. It is a really nice safety feature. I checked the back of my left control housing and saw an empty space with a piece of plastic with a screw. So is it possible for US bike to be upgrade by just adding the flasher button and little of wiring or do I need to buy a complete set of Canadian housing?
IMG_1642_1.jpg
Nice pic by the way....Ah it's an Aussie FJR my good fellow not Canadian....and I would have thought it would have been standard world wide how fucked is that you didn't get one? there pretty much standard here on (I think) all road bikes. I do some checking here and get a cost for the switch and then maybe Randy the harness god could make up one?

Good luck

IMG_1642_1.jpg
Nice pic by the way....Ah it's an Aussie FJR my good fellow not Canadian....and I would have thought it would have been standard world wide how fucked is that you didn't get one? there pretty much standard here on (I think) all road bikes. I do some checking here and get a cost for the switch and then maybe Randy the harness god could make up one?

Good luck
Thank for the great picture. So it is an Aussie bike. you guys always get better stuff over there. You even have better Ford cars :rolleyes:

Thanks for checking out the price and parts number. I am so sure we can MOD the switch to function as a flasher. Please PM for the update.

Jim

By the way, just check the headlight modulator option. It is not going to work for my needs. Thanks for the suggestion Mr Highlander.

I visited a Yammy dealer in London a few months back. The unit assembly, switch, housing and the wiring was about 80 British Pounds total.

BigD

(...) I just need the button and do the mod within the system.
Kjc

I think I have the button, in fact you're welcome to the complete assy. for a fraction of the new price.

Give me a day to look in my "magic trunk"... ;) Will PM the findings...

Stef

I installed a small toggle switch on-off-on that activate both left and right garage door in that space.

Factory switch does not allowed two doors.

(...) I just need the button and do the mod within the system.
Kjc

I think I have the button, in fact you're welcome to the complete assy. for a fraction of the new price.

Give me a day to look in my "magic trunk"... ;) Will PM the findings...

Stef
Oh thank you so much. I will be looking forward to see your findings. PM me for the detail.

Jim

I visited a Yammy dealer in London a few months back. The unit assembly, switch, housing and the wiring was about 80 British Pounds total.
BigD
Thank you for checking the price.

Jim