European Frame sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you mean like these.....

file-99.jpg

file-100.jpg

R

I ordered mine from Bobs Motorsport

Chatham, ON N7L 3L3, Canada

I sent them an email and they replied that day. I still have not installed them yet. It has been fairly cold in Ohio and am worried about breaking the tabs on the plastic.

Side note: I am acutally debating on having my dealership intall them for me too...

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered mine from Bobs MotorsportChatham, ON N7L 3L3, Canada

I sent them an email and they replied that day. I still have not installed them yet. It has been fairly cold in Ohio and am worried about breaking the tabs on the plastic.

Side note: I am acutally debating on having my dealership intall them for me too...
Thanks for the info. What did they retail for?

If I'm correct around $400.00, if you wait you can get a set of Canyon Cage for less, as soon as Ryan at MC Interprise makes one for the 2013.

I picked mine up for $328.65. That included shipping.

If I'm correct around $400.00, if you wait you can get a set of Canyon Cage for less, as soon as Ryan at MC Interprise makes one for the 2013.
$400.00 wow! I don’t know about the Canyon Cage. I’ll bet they offer unbeatable protection but they are a little too obtrusive for my tastes. Guess I’ll have to look into OES or Motivation Sliders or something in that order.

I just did a spit-take. $400 for sliders? What are sliders for again? To protect your expensive plastic in case of a drop right?

Are you now going to have to get something else to protect you $400 sliders?

That's NUTS!!!!

I just did a spit-take. $400 for sliders? What are sliders for again? To protect your expensive plastic in case of a drop right?
Are you now going to have to get something else to protect you $400 sliders?

That's NUTS!!!!
MSRP in Canada is $300. If you drop the bike from a standstill, I bet the fairing will cost more than that to fix or replace.

Bring 'er up to Bust's place for Tech Day VI. We'll get 'em on for ya.
I just might have to do that!! Mine are still in their factory package. I asked the dealer to supply me with a copy from the shop manual on how to remove the fairing and he says the shop manual does not show how to remove it and I'm nervous about breaking off plastic tabs..

take your time it not that hard, and actually if barry has a lift you can do it without removing fairing.....But i know this guys and they will be itching to get that fairing off for you...

R

Thanks R, when my bike is back in the garage in March, I will have a more room to move around it and see how to get the panels off. I like the look better than the typical round sliders or the canyon cage.. kinda like the bumpers on the ST1300 and for me, the price was right :D

Fairlaner - Following up on your comment that with a lift you can install the European sliders without removing the fairings. Considering getting a J&S lift https://www.jsjacks.com/ , easier oil changes, cleaning and generally nice for moving the bike around the garage.

Would this type of lift work for what you are talking about?

No way David thats not the way to go.....

THIS is what you want...

and for all you guys waiting for the Canyon cages, i am taking my bike up to them on Tuesday...

R