Evaporative cooler vest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another suggestion, I put my vest in the freezer ziploc bag soaked in water in the fridge the night before the ride and stick it in the saddlebag and when ready to put on it is very cool still. I don't use mine until its about mid 90's. Good to have an extra vest in another freezer bag for backup in case there's no place to recharge. PM. <>< :D

I just started using the Techniche vest, purchased from 4 Seasons Survival for $40. So far it's ok, I need to soak it better to make my 40-minute ride in 104 degree air temp without the front drying out. Maybe I should have gotten the jacket, I'm always impressed by how hot my arms are. I wear a Fieldsheer Mach IV mesh jacket over and Olympia Airglide II pants. I did some research but didn't find the Colorado Coolwear. Too bad, I would rather have purchased from them.

Be cool,

Neil

been using this one since last year and it really works - holds water for three days. And the price cannot be beaten.
Those are my comments at the bottom of the product description.

MiraCool Cooling Poncho
I have used this same vest off and on for the past two years with decent results, considering I wear an aerostitch roadcrafter. I also use the neck collar also found on the tuffrhino website. With the neck collar in place and the neck line of the stitch not velcro'd shut (zipper all the way up) the wind hits my neck, enters the suit, and exits the rear. The top 2/3 of the suit cools well for several hours of riding. The bottom 1/3 of the cooling vest is cool to touch, but has never dried out on day long rides (up to 14 hrs). It folds nicely and fits into a gallon sized ziploc freezer bag without incident so far. This bad boy will hold a lot of water and keep it for several days. It's also cheap and worth trying. Be sure to truly air it out well after use to keep potential mold/bacteria growth down. I hang it in the desert sun to dry it quickly when not in use.

man i'm totally annoyed. :angry:

its time to order the MiraCool Cooling Poncho so i have it in time for WFO. so i put 1 in the basket and go to check out. shipping is IMO, outrageous ($11.83 - what are they putting this thing in? dang!), but ok, fine. proceed to check out. nope. no can do. your subtotal must be $25. WTH?? nice. i'ma thinkin u just lost a customer cause i'm not gonna purchase more than i need.

tards.

its time to order the MiraCool Cooling Poncho so i have it in time for WFO. so i put 1 in the basket and go to check out. shipping is IMO, outrageous ($11.83 - what are they putting this thing in? dang!), but ok, fine. proceed to check out. nope. no can do. your subtotal must be $25. WTH?? nice. i'ma thinkin u just lost a customer cause i'm not gonna purchase more than i need.

tards.
I just sent you a PM of a place to get one sent Priority mail.

I will post here after you confirm you made your order, or not. Only 18 in stock and wanted to give you a chance to get it.

I have the same vest (probably). Last year before I left for a CT to CO trip I ordered the Joe Rocket model but they told me they had another brand that that was basically the same for less $$$. I bought it and it worked great on my trip to and back from CO last August.

I use it with a Joe Rocket reactor mesh jacket or a Rocket perforated leather jacket and it works great with both.

I do not go on long rides without it soaking in a zip lock and ready to be worn when it is hot.

tards.

I will post here after you confirm you made your order, or not. Only 18 in stock and wanted to give you a chance to get it.
Thanks John!! I've sent them a question and will order as soon as they answer. hopefully that's quickly! u can give them the link if you want to. with 3 day priority mail, i'm sure to get one in time.

tards.

Thanks John!! I've sent them a question and will order as soon as they answer. hopefully that's quickly! u can give them the link if you want to. with 3 day priority mail, i'm sure to get one in time.
Link

has anyone tried the vest from Cycle Gear?
That looks just like the one I have but mine is a Techniche. It works good but you will notice a drop of cooling ability after a couple hours. All you have to do is put it in a zip lock bag and pour a little water on it and you are ready to roll.....again.

It is definitely a worthy investment in my opinion.

I've used the Techniche standard cooling vest for two years and now going on my third summer of use. It's still going strong.

For $30, if I have to replace it after this summer, thats only $10/yr., not bad. Works well in 100+ degree heat for about 1-1/2 to 2 hrs. before it needs a re-soak.

Bought mine at Sound Rider CLICKY Highly recommended.

Rob

It works good but you will notice a drop of cooling ability after a couple hours. All you have to do is put it in a zip lock bag and pour a little water on it and you are ready to roll.....again.It is definitely a worthy investment in my opinion.
True....the hotter and drier it is...the shorter it lasts. I was out in 100+ heat several weeks ago and it would last about 1.5 hours. ...not ideal for the LD rider and a big fuel cell.

A farkle I'm working on and will be testing is to take a 100 oz. Camelbak Uno bladder, install a syphon bulb inline, and squeeze water inside my vest as I ride. That should be enough for many hours of cooling even in the hottest and dryest places.